Author Topic: 2009 Agility de-restriction.  (Read 3304 times)

056kid

• View Profile
2009 Agility de-restriction.
« on: November 14, 2008, 01:23:33 AM »
 I just purchased a 2009 Agility 50 and want to get everything i can out of it.

So far i have enabled the butterfly to open up all the way. And i severd the CDI rev limiter. I have achieved 35 mph on flat ground.  the bike sounds like it is still limited.  Is this in the carb? Jetting possibly?   

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Re: 2009 Agility de-restriction.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 12:45:10 AM »
My Kymco dealer told me the Agility 50 was the "dog" of just about all the 50cc bikes he's sold... and he LOVES Kymco. I think it's just too big and heavy to get a lot more than that out of it.

Don't feel bad, though -- that's pretty decent speed for a non-kitted 50cc. My 2004 Yamaha Vino Classic gets me up to around 38 on level ground... maybe if I dropped 20 lbs., I could get up to 40mph.  :) 

yajblackburn

• 2004 ZX50, 2000 People 50, 2002 Yup50
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 02:17:20 AM »
Bone stock they go 32mph.  They come from the dealership with a derestriction bag including a derestricted boss drive and a bigger main jet, at least the ones I have worked on did.  I switched the boss drive and the mph went up to 45mph.  I then switched the main jet and saw no gain.  That was in the summer when it around 70 degrees.  Now its in the low 20's.  I recently found out about the cdi modification and went to my garage and performed it.  I took the bike out....yes in the high teens low 20's and could barely reach 40mph.  I will have to wait until it gets warmer to really see what it has, until then they just sit pretty.

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 04:32:52 AM »
I just purchased a 2009 Agility 50 and want to get everything i can out of it.

So far i have enabled the butterfly to open up all the way. And i severd the CDI rev limiter. I have achieved 35 mph on flat ground.  the bike sounds like it is still limited.  Is this in the carb? Jetting possibly?   
As Yajblackburn says, you also need to change the drive boss. :)  Your Kymco dealer should be able to sell you one cheap.  The part number is "2000". 

Cheers!

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

codger78

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »
My new Kymco agility 50 is to be delivered in a day or so by the local dealer.  He tells me that it has a legal top speed of 20-30 MPH, but that infact it can get up to 40-45 MPH.
Having read all the posts on derestricting it seems that it has to be done by the owner after purchase.
Is it possible that they are now coming from the manufacturer derestricted or that the dealer has gone ahead and made that modification without my asking......and is there something easily seen on the scooter that would let me know one way or the other.
borrowed dust

yajblackburn

• 2004 ZX50, 2000 People 50, 2002 Yup50
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 12:03:31 AM »
The easiest way to tell is to ride it, if it goes 30mph, its restricted.  You can also take the 8mm bolts from the transmission cover off and feel the boss drive with your finger.  I don't think the dealer will derestrict it without you knowing because it would cross over into a motorcycle classification due to the higher top speed.  These modifications are extremely easy to do and can be done in under 20min with the right tools, hell under 10 minutes with the right tools.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 03:20:32 PM »
My Kymco dealer told me the Agility 50 was the "dog" of just about all the 50cc bikes he's sold... and he LOVES Kymco. I think it's just too big and heavy to get a lot more than that out of it.

Don't feel bad, though -- that's pretty decent speed for a non-kitted 50cc. My 2004 Yamaha Vino Classic gets me up to around 38 on level ground... maybe if I dropped 20 lbs., I could get up to 40mph.  :) 

...I have an 08 agility...30,000 kilometers...cut cdi, new non-kevlar belt..Malossi Multivar variator with 9 gr rollers....52 mph down my favorite hills...

peace

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()