Author Topic: People S 50 4T 2009 Restriction  (Read 2167 times)

asources

• View Profile
People S 50 4T 2009 Restriction
« on: June 15, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »
Good day

Im new here ;)

I need to know if there is other restriction on my People S 50 4T 2009 ..

I already de-restrict the CDI box...

I have read here and there that is probably a restriction on the boss drive ! I did call my dealer and said there is no such thing on this model ...

True ??

Stefan

spidrgr

• View Profile
Re: People S 50 4T 2009 Restriction
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 08:12:35 PM »
I too have a people 50 4t. The original CDI seems to be restricted. My dealer did a hole in it to derestrict it. Went from 58 kph (indicated) to about 68 kph (indicated). But still, it feels restricted some more. I suspect the original CDI still has a rev limiter, even after the hole has been practiced in it. Also, I suspect the CDI not to have proper timing advance to accomodate higher revs. As I said, it reaches 68 kph on level ground. Going down a steep hill, it seems to brake at about 70-71 kph and I am quite positive the valves arent floating. What really bothers me is not the top speed as much as the fact that the little mill runs out of steam much before it hits top speed. Going back up tha same hill is about 30-35 kph.

As far as the boss in the vario, I took mine apart and no restrictor there. Your vario weights should be 7.0 gr. I installed 6.0 gr weignts. Lost no top speed but gained some OOmph on the pick up and going up hills. Besides getting better timing advance on the ignition, I think the only other thing worth being done would be rejetting so you can open up the air intake, which is very restricted on the stock box. I just havent got to try it yet.

asources

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 05:58:47 PM »
Thanks !!!

jen24

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 04:57:35 PM »
HI there iv just got a people s 50cc its my first bike, im a girl and no nothin about bikes, i know were to find the cdi unit, but can u please help me on how to derestrict it as my bike only goes 29 to 30  mph and its just to slow as most of the roads here are 40 roads any help u can give me would be apprechated thanks.
Good day

Im new here ;)

I need to know if there is other restriction on my People S 50 4T 2009 ..

I already de-restrict the CDI box...

I have read here and there that is probably a restriction on the boss drive ! I did call my dealer and said there is no such thing on this model ...

True ??

Stefan

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 08:01:30 PM »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()