Author Topic: I Almost Lost My Front Wheel  (Read 2431 times)

fshfindr

• View Profile
I Almost Lost My Front Wheel
« on: June 11, 2011, 09:15:29 PM »
Last nite I went to buy a torque wrench, but that’s a diff story.  This AM I started to check nuts.  I did not get far because the nut on the left side of the front wheel was totally loose.  I could spin it with my fingers.  The wheel did not come off so I guess I’m lucky.  I only know the correct torques from the manual, so if anyone knows the correct torque for the front wheel nut, please let me know.   
In fact I need to know the correct torque for all the nuts if anyone has them.  The next question is about the same problem.  I tightened the 19 mm nut on the left side but the right side nut, which is smaller, did not move on the screw.  I do not know how many threads are in the right side nut which is a cap nut.  Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

axy

• View Profile
Re: I Almost Lost My Front Wheel
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 10:38:02 PM »
You will not make a mistake if you tighten 19 mm nut using 93 N-m or 9.5 kg-m or 69 ft-lb.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 12:44:22 AM »
Axy, Thanks

Rich L
Richard L. in Bellmawr

Yager200i

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 02:07:00 AM »
The Kymco Dink 200 (the carbureted version of the Yager) service manual, in Section 14-2 (page 168 of 226) says the front axle nut should be torqued to 4.5 - 5.0 kg-m (32.55 - 36.16 foot pounds).

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 10:16:57 PM »
It's interesting, about a month after I had my Yager I discovered the right side nut on my front wheel was loose. I tightened it, and haven't had a problem since, but only discovered by doing my T-CLOCS.

-Wolf

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 11:43:17 PM »
I must have missed it on the previous T-CLOCS.  The nut was out from the bike by at least 1/4 inch, so much for my pre-ride.  I have to say that I am not happy with Mini-Trail Bikes.  Many loose nuts and only 1/4 tank of gas.  He said that he had ridden it right before I picked it up but the mirror was so loose it was kind of flopping around.  He would have seen it if he rode it.  I only have about 70 miles on it so I'll change oil soon, probably this week.  I do like the bike.  So far my top speed was 53 on the BHP.  It is not that great off the go but from 15 to 40 it will push me back in the seat, that's great for getting out of trouble.  Biggest complaints are wind shield seems useless and the seat is too hard, I guess I have a tender butt.  Stay safe.

Rich
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:23:52 PM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 06:48:42 PM »
Yeah, my gas gauge was on empty when I first took mine home. It does tend to be a little slow off the blocks, especially after the first start of the day, but like you said it snaps into the higher speeds with no problems. I was doing 60 on the Admiral Wilson Blvd this morning and didn't even realize it. Ken instructed me to bring the scooter back after 400 miles so he could change out the oil for a synthetic brand.

-Wolf

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 10:49:47 PM »
I will probably wait until I have 1000 miles before switching to synthetic.  I'll use 10W40, the same stuff I add to my car.  I corrected the low pressure in my rear tire today.  What a PIA that is, not much space to work.  I also filled the tank since I was in the gas station for air.  I waited for the pump to shut off automatically but that was too late.   There was a little overflow, maybe an ounce.  I hope there will be no problem from that.  What gear oil do you use?  I'll probably be in Pep Boys to pick some up tomorrow.

Rich
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:02:47 PM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()