Poll

How do you cut the cdi unit I don't know which part to cut :( please help thanks

Help
0 (0%)
Me
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: How to cut the cdi  (Read 14876 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: How to cut the cdi
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 12:25:50 PM »
Saw the 88 jet H.R, was surprised they dont have others listed under agility section.

I initially ordered an 82 jet from Taipai S.A but when it arrived the thread was too small so it never fit. I had my carb in bits and didnt want to put it back just to need to strip it again, so I took out my old 80 jet, went to the Kymco dealer and got the right one there. Just wanted to double check he gets the right size cos one they sent me was wrong, and kymco dealer also gave me wrong one at 1st. If I hadnt taken my 80 jet to compare thread size then I would now have 2 main jets I couldnt use. Dont know if some carbs are different or not, or if Taipai and my Kymco dealer are just crap and dont know the correct size.

Home from work now and still no torque spring delivered yet, not a happy bunny, 2 wks now im waiting. Better come tomorrow.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 12:53:55 PM »
Steido, I realise the agility and ZX are worlds apart, but I find the 1,000 torque spring and 2,000 fly springs are a good combination.
2 week waits are the norm, I am waitng 3 weeks now for an item from America.
Last night I ordered a Cobra tacho for my and a lightbar set for my Boulevard from two different sellers in America. See how long they take, not too long I hope.:)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 01:01:40 PM »
Yeah sid most of the other agility riders sems to say they go with 1000 torque and 1500 fly springs. Was going to order just the 1000 spring but it came in the pack of 3 differnt one in it so ive got the option now to try them all and jiggle it till im happy - if they ever arrive!

Not ordered any fly springs yet, get them next months pay hopefully and prob buy the set so I can try different combos.

Soon as they invent a teleport machine to get instant delivery we'll be happy ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 01:19:44 PM »
Yeah, that is the best way to go, I bought one set of fly springs, then bought another, patience helps.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

hungryrussian

• Kymco Agility 50 "Sonic"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 04:05:23 PM »
i ran into the same problem myself with the dealership jets streido they actually had to order it from kymco & could only get either the 80 or 82, i gave up and used a torch tip cleaning set to file out my 80 jet i took off when i de-restricted the scoot. i'm playing the waiting game as well on my naraku high speed variator & 1000 rpm contra, though my seller got my rebuild kit to me in 4 days! with free shipping i might add! i've got a set of 2000 fly springs already so i'll try them out once i get my other transmission goodies  :D i'm pretty darn close to being able to ride one of those pull up on the handlebar wheelies with my stock tranny even with 8 gram rollers so i may actually be able to do it with these parts ;D guess we'll see... 5 days wait so far...
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

hungryrussian

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 07:26:05 PM »
wow.. it's here! gonna go try the variator on
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 09:30:07 PM »
Wheelies? I dream of wheelies ;D

Guess the change of fly springs makes a big difference to take off then? I think ill try the 1500 fly springs with the 1000 torque 1st,want to ride on 7.5g rollers or even heavier maybe to get few mph extra top end. Im hoping i can try different combos on the rear end till it pulls well uphill, has good acceleration all round and still gets around 50-52mph top speed, maybe impossible but im going to try anyway.

Was getting 50-52 on my 7.5g rollers before but uphil and pulling away was affected so i went back to 5.5g till my spring set arrives.

I guess if you put in the 1500 or 2000 torque spring you can run even heavier roller weights without losing acceleration?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 09:31:33 PM »
hope you enjoy the variator, i saw great improvement when i fitted mine and that was just a gy6 clone, the brand name you got maybe even better.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Charlie_edwards

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 11:49:21 AM »
Can anybody send me links of what I need like clutch  variator.  Rollers etc

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 12:12:51 PM »
I put links for everything you need to derestrict on page 1, rollers, boss etc.

You dont need to touch the clutch to derestrict it. I would derestrict 1st then later on you can upgrade or tune you clutch if you want to. Better to get the derestrict done 1st so you can see how you feel it is, you may be happy with it and not need to doing anything on the clutch side. Im only doing mine cos I want more acceleration and uphill speed now.

You will find a huge difference in performance after the derestrict and may be happy to leave it like that.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Charlie_edwards

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 12:48:53 PM »
Ok mate cheers

hungryrussian

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 01:42:19 PM »
streido's right the derestrict made my scoot feel like a completely different animal but i've got a big bore kit installed now which is why i'm tuning my clutch/other transmission parts. gotta have high quality parts to put my 4 or so horsepower  :D to that back wheel! haha you should be at least slightly amazed by the difference after the derestrict

Charlie_edwards

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 02:52:17 PM »
If I change the variator will I need a new belt ?? If so whatbsize and can you send a link ? Cheers

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2011, 04:29:43 PM »
No, you wont need a new belt, mine is still running the stock belt.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 06:18:54 PM »
@Encya the new 1000rpm worked out well with 5,5g rollers. I recommend it, made a difference to my agility. More torquey, better uphills, better take off when still moving after slowing down. Tried 7.5g rollers but they were too heavy so using 5.5g and that works not too bad.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()