Author Topic: New DT300i owner.  (Read 15869 times)

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
Re: New DT300i owner.
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2011, 04:42:25 AM »
I'll agree, never had ABS on na bike and fortunately have never needed it to date............

SpikeOne

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2011, 08:18:32 AM »
To be honest, I can count on the fingers of two hands the number of maxi-scooters that I have seen around my county, and I've never seen another Downtown anywhere...
Spike
Gloucestershire - Ingerlund...

Current ride - Kymco Downtown 300i
Previously owned:-
Yamaha Vity
MZ ETZ251
Honda CD175
Honda CB250 G5
BSA Bantam D14/4
BSA Sunbeam
Honda C50

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2011, 11:05:45 AM »
yet to run across anoth DT, then again they are new here. I run across maxi scoots now and then. Usually 400's or above and of the three major brand bikes from Japan. Occasionally the 250 Reflex too.

I have run across a few smaller as well but of course always around town with them...................

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2011, 12:45:57 AM »
i now am the owner of the new downtown 300i.....completed paperwork today with dealer....and i am awaiting lic/reg and prep...if all goes according to plan i should have the scooter by early next week....

the scooter is essentially the same as the 2011 but the rear view mirrors have built in led directionals ....i dont know actually don't think there is any change  in rear lighting,,,,,the under seat storage is a little smaller than i anticipated so in due time i will probably go for a top box....my main concern was the fit and feel of it...at six feet , 30 inch inseam i had no problem with my feet touching the ground ....the position seating was different than what i was use to on my other scooter..which you have to ride almost on a 90 degree angel...on this feels almost like a bike.....worth the wait!

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2011, 01:27:28 AM »
Congrats, the 2011 has LED's in the front mirrors for the turn signals too........

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 02:19:44 AM »
thanks tanware...i may need to get back to you(if you don' mind) at some point once i get comfortable riding it and when ready to do a few mods to it.....do you have the shop manual for it/

scootinChris

• View Profile
    • Toronto Moto Scooter Club
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 01:00:59 PM »
The manual has been discussed here:
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=4818.15

Enjoy the new ride ;D
Have Fun & Ride Safe!  ATGATT

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2011, 05:01:45 PM »
thanks chris,,,,

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2011, 01:04:57 PM »
thanks tanware...i may need to get back to you(if you don' mind) at some point once i get comfortable riding it and when ready to do a few mods to it.....do you have the shop manual for it/

The manual has been provided in the links. Mods I am not too sure of, though I ahve done a few mild changes.

1.) headlights to PIAA's provided for slightly better attention by other drivers and slightly better night time vision.
2.) LED tail and turn provides much for much better atttention from other drivers behind you both for day and night.
3.) Royal Purple in the engine and FD for me works very well.
4.) the CR7EIX plug works just awesome, mid range responce to me improved greatly.
5.) 20x12 14 GR sliders really change the bikes performance for the better, It is akin to finding out your auto trans was stuck in a econo mode but find that magical button that can change it to performance mode.

personally to em it is a bit too high of a perfomane mode and I may go with 15GR 20x12 sliders in the future. For now though I am happy..........

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2011, 04:53:54 PM »
thanks tanware...once i get accustomed to the scooter,,,i will take a closer look at these....will do the royal purple first (first oil change).....and the plug....looks like irredium (no need to gap) plug....and than the tail lights....i will hold off on sliders....for a while as i want to see how the scooter runs as is....and if it meets my performance needs ....as i am semi retired i don't do as much commuter riding as i use to,,,i probably do about 80 % in town/town hopping locally and about 20 %....touring.....which is when i would really need upper end throttle /power ....i was a little dis-appointed at the space under the seat....enough for my groceries i guess...but will probably need a top box at some point....

i always appreciate your input and willingness to share information....thanks again...bob

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2011, 02:18:14 AM »
Under seat I find about 3 plastic shopping bags of smaller loose items fit well. I can only fit one of my XL open of full face helmets in the rear compartment though. A top box is a definate need IMHO. Just wish I could make up my mind as to which one I want.

If you are as I am at 242 LBS or plan to do two up etc at say 300 LBS plus I highly recomend the sliders. It gets rid of the slow speed econo-mode of the engine lugging around. I only did the video of 0-60 for demostration of the enhanced capability, I haven't since done any WOT take offs or rolling accelerations.

DowntownFl

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2011, 10:15:22 AM »
I have a picture of my DT300 with Shad 45L box and new GIVI Windshield but don't know how to load on this forum.  I keep getting a too large message?  Is there an easy resolution to this problem?

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »
you need to contact the admin as the upload folder is full and also be sure the pic is below 192 KB...........

DowntownFl

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2011, 11:13:23 AM »
I did manage to upload a picture to fuelly.com under floridaorange.  I'll work on getting a better picture.

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2011, 08:52:10 PM »
looking for oil filters for 300 dt.....dealer out of stock.....and may take a while to get in....anyplace i can order off internet?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()