Author Topic: Bogging Down  (Read 5639 times)

Wil

• View Profile
Re: Bogging Down
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 02:22:13 PM »
*bump

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 05:51:33 PM »
A good cleaning/inspection seems to be due... Eh, some ppl change the contra 1 time a yr. whether it needs it or not just to keep optimal performance

You sortof lost me on the stopping with throttle post.. Can you give a bit better details?
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Wil

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 10:21:42 AM »
Rode it to work and back tonight, and when i near stopped and put the throttle on, it stayed in high gear and went to really low revs. Does this mean a prob with the torque spring?

I mean, i slowed down and it stayed in the high gear, like the revs dropped loads. so it was esentially slowing down to 10mph in 5th gear, if you get me.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 04:51:21 PM »
To me it sounds like the part of the variator that was stuck before is still too sticky....

I experienced similar problems when the driven pulley of my variator didn't have enough grease in it.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 09:33:56 PM »
Personally i would remove the clutch and clean,regrease the tourqe driver. Sounds like that may be the issue.. That the t.d is sticking
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 11:11:51 PM »
x2 what batman said. there is a good clutch cleaner out there not sure of the name of it but its silver and it works good I have used it a few times. it well help keep things lose and free of dirt.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 05:50:07 AM »
It's not the clutch that's the problem (although you need to remove the entire clutch to get to the insides of the torquedriver).

The torquedriver (=driven pulley) HAS to be greased inside, a cleaning product would only make things worse here.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:54:43 AM by mono »

Wil

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 08:39:06 AM »
Ok, so i'll go into the tourque driver and grease it up.

It has been stuck before, so that probably is the problem. Someone with an impact wrench has previously un-done the clutch, so it should be easy to get too. Are there any pictures online of how to take apart the torque driver/put it back together?
Also, might a new torque spring work? and what revs/colour spring?

Thanks,
Wil

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 09:26:13 AM »
Try to find the service manual, it's really useful and full of pictures and explanations... (I can't remember where I found it, but there are some links somewhere on this forum)

By the way, sometimes the torquedriver will come loose when you put some grease inside the unit without disassembling it completely. There are some holes that allow grease to flow from the area where the drive shaft is sticking through the unit, to the area where the two halves of the pulley slide across each other.

For this you only have to remove the nut that holds the clutch bell and slide the unit off the drive shaft, the grease goes where the drive shaft came from.. Make sure to use plenty of grease, if all seals are intact it won't come out and won't do any harm but it will find its way through the holes to the torquedriver by centrifugal (centripetal ?) force.

If this doesn't work there is some damage or incompatibility (cheap replacement parts used) that causes friction and you'll have to disassemble and clean the unit entirely to find the culprit... (oh, and make sure all parts are in there, especially the three "guide roller pins", they are very important)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 09:52:23 AM »
There is a "link to service manuals" thread in the general section, it might be burried under a half a dozen pages, but I think the A50 one is there.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()