Author Topic: Yager GT 200i recall  (Read 2705 times)

Yager200i

• View Profile
Yager GT 200i recall
« on: April 26, 2011, 04:51:13 AM »
Got the following in the mail today:
====================
Dear KYMCO Owner:

KYMCO has initiated a voluntary recall of your vehicle related to the Vehicle Emissions Control Information or VECI label. The VECI label is designed to inform your service dealer about the emissions system equipment installed on your scooter in the event your emissions system requires service or repair.

KYMCO has determined that a discrepancy exists between the information contained on VECI label and the actual equipment installed on your vehicle. This discrepancy does not affect the actual performance of your vehicle or the emissions system requirements for your scooter. However, the VECI label installed on your vehicle does not reflect that a "Pulsed Air Injection" system, commonly referred to as "PAIR", is installed on your scooter.

This omission has the potential to negatively impact your vehicle by causing confusion at your service center which could result in the exclusion of the PAIR system from the five-year emission warranty service. In such an instance, a servicing dealer could fail to identify PAIR as part of your vehicle's emissions system and thus fail to consider it during diagnosis and repair of your scooter.

Therefore, KYMCO USA is providing you with the corrected VECI label (which properly includes the PAIR system information). Please locate the VECI label under the seat of your scooter and install the replacement label over the top of your existing label (see the instructions on the following page). Please keep in mind that the replacement label is designed to be tamperproof, and any attempt to remove it once it has been installed will result in its destruction.
====================

Now that is attention to detail. Good job, Kymco. I'm so glad I didn't buy a scooter from any other manufacturer, as I'm betting they'd not bother to fix something as small as a label.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:57:22 AM by Yager200i »

axy

• View Profile
Re: Yager GT 200i recall
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 07:44:10 PM »

Now that is attention to detail. Good job, Kymco. I'm so glad I didn't buy a scooter from any other manufacturer, as I'm betting they'd not bother to fix something as small as a label.

I would prefer if they used components that do not rust after a year, or that one day they learn how to cast engine block so it does not leak oil.
Also it would be nice to be able to change coolant without having to tear apart the whole scooter, to change oil in brakes without having to disassemble front part for two hours or to be able to change blinkers in less than 3 hours and put bolts in easily accessible place, so you do not have to a lizard to be able to access some of them.

But, if they are not able to do all that, free stickers will have to suffice. :)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »
How do I get one of these stickers? I sent Kymco USA an e-mail and it is yet unanswered.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 04:21:01 PM »
The sticker showed up a couple of days ago and it was sliced in half! The only difference is instead of O2 in one place it saysH2O.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()