Author Topic: Downtown 300i Price  (Read 4457 times)

DaniFly

• View Profile
Downtown 300i Price
« on: April 14, 2011, 05:31:20 PM »
Hey fellow kymco'ers,

I'm finally ready to upgrade my P250 for a DT300i and wanted to get a feel on how much the going rate is.
Out the door because some dealerships have all sorts of things they add to the cost...

I was offered $5100 out the door. Is that a good price??

Thanks,

Dani

TechGuy

• View Profile
Re: Downtown 300i Price
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 05:35:20 PM »
Yes, that is a pretty good price.  I have seen one price below $5000 but that was in Florida.

How's your P250?  I am considering the DT300 or a B400.

DaniFly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 05:41:33 PM »
Hey Guy,
Its good to see you here on the kymco forum. I havent been on MV for a while now.

Hows your P250? Mine is great. Works like a champ and thank you for the advice re: Dr. Pulleys. They are working nicely.

Whats a B400??

Thanks,
Dani

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »
Sorry too many forums.  B400 is a Suzuki Burgman 400. I have not ridden one but they are similar in size to the DT300.  Price is higher. Cavernous underseat storage. I also want a comfortable pillion seat as my wife has started riding along with me when we can. My daughter is also getting rides to school, but that is less of a factor. I would like to think we can take weekend trips on it.

My bike is doing ok.  I need to replace the left side brake reservoir as it won't hold pressure and the brakes get soft.  I am over 37,000 km on the clock. I have also had the bike dumped over by some idiots while I parked.  It was on the center stand and i think it took more than one of them to do it. It means my plastics are garbage on the front. I think I will replace them before I try to sell to finance a new scoot. No value in a high mileage scoot with crap tupperware.

I did a long test ride on the DT300, my review of it can be found somewhere at this forum or ADVrider.com

DaniFly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:51:08 PM »
Sorry to hear that some ass hat messed with your P250.
Let me know if you get the DT300. I'm very interested in buying one, I'm just having trouble pulling the trigger...

I was all ready to upgrade to a Triumph Bonnevile/Scrambler but my wife put the Kai-bash on that so I'm gonna upgrade scooters :)

Speaking of such matters, I just hung up the phone with Kymco USA and they said they are expecting the People 300 to arrive here sometime next month.  So many choices!!!!

Whisper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 08:03:51 PM »
I thought I got a good deal at 5500USD out the door!  5100 is a GREAT deal!  Especially with gas pushing $4/gal!

I'd feel giddy pulling the trigger at that price.

I think with the B400, it all comes down to styling, the performance is very similar.  I had a B650, it was great but a little enormous.

My wife & kidniks LOVE the passanger accomodations on teh DT300 - Especailly now, with the Shad SH33 topbox with the backrest.  Heck, my wife wouldn't even ride on my GSX650F...  She happily hops on the scoot.

DaniFly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 08:20:41 PM »
I thought I got a good deal at 5500USD out the door!  5100 is a GREAT deal!  Especially with gas pushing $4/gal!

I'd feel giddy pulling the trigger at that price.

I think with the B400, it all comes down to styling, the performance is very similar.  I had a B650, it was great but a little enormous.

My wife & kidniks LOVE the passanger accomodations on teh DT300 - Especailly now, with the Shad SH33 topbox with the backrest.  Heck, my wife wouldn't even ride on my GSX650F...  She happily hops on the scoot.
Well if/when i pull the trigger you have to share how i can put on a shad case.
So 5,100 is a good price? I think I might go for it. You are all happy with the bike from what i read here, correct?

My only hesitation is that my dealer is not that close to me, otherwise I would have snatched it up at this price.

Thanks,
Dani

Goodrich

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 12:24:51 PM »
So 5,100 is a good price? I think I might go for it. You are all happy with the bike from what i read here, correct?

My only hesitation is that my dealer is not that close to me, otherwise I would have snatched it up at this price.

Thanks,
Dani

My local dealer wasn't wanting to give me much off of the MSRP of the DT300.  I emailed a dealership about 90 miles away and asked for their best price OTD (tax, tag, title, etc).  They came back with $4963.  :o  I didn't bother going back to my local dealer because I knew he wouldn't match it.  Once I got over 600 miles on it I brought it to my local dealer to get the oil changed, he asked me how much I paid and when I told him he said there was no way he could have come close.  In fact, he stated that he just sold a DT the week before for $6K OTD.  :o From everything I've been hearing and reading I must have gotten a pretty decent deal....for a change. ::)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:26:22 PM by Goodrich »

DaniFly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 12:57:19 PM »
Nice Deal!!

I'll try to negotiate to that price... I'll let you know what I walk away with  :)

Whisper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »

Happy?  I maintain 80+ mph for 30-40 min on the way to work.  Filled up this morning - 69mpg.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!   LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!  Suck it, Exxon!  The engine seems to have finally loosened up after break-in and I am hitting 90mph (indicated, not GPS) at WOT.

I finished the LED running light mod - I just need to get off mah booty and post the pics.

My Shad case install was a little eccentric...  I couldn't stand the thought of getting the top case for $70 and then paying $99 for the stupid adaptor kit.  Luckily, I have a welder.  I was able to fab a mount together in a couple hours for under $20.  OInce again, I have pics, just need to post - Will attempt this weekend ;D

Goodrich - That is a crazy great deal you got!!!!

Goodrich

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 07:48:53 PM »
Happy?  I maintain 80+ mph for 30-40 min on the way to work.  Filled up this morning - 69mpg.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!   LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!  Suck it, Exxon!  The engine seems to have finally loosened up after break-in and I am hitting 90mph (indicated, not GPS) at WOT.

I finished the LED running light mod - I just need to get off mah booty and post the pics.

My Shad case install was a little eccentric...  I couldn't stand the thought of getting the top case for $70 and then paying $99 for the stupid adaptor kit.  Luckily, I have a welder.  I was able to fab a mount together in a couple hours for under $20.  OInce again, I have pics, just need to post - Will attempt this weekend ;D

Goodrich - That is a crazy great deal you got!!!!

How many miles do you have on her now?  When I tried WOT I only got 85/86 indicated.  Now, I am about 260 so I know my fat arse takes it's toll.  What speed should I be hitting?  I haven't kept track of milage yet but soon will take an interest in it.  So, those Shad 'universal' adaptor kits don't come with it?  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()