Author Topic: Kymco P50 2t autocock vacuum line  (Read 3275 times)

BBQ_tofu

• View Profile
Kymco P50 2t autocock vacuum line
« on: March 08, 2011, 10:50:16 PM »
Has anyone here replaced their autocock/fuel filter with a simple inline fuel filter and if so what did you do with the vacuum line? BTW it's running to a stock Keihin carb. 

A grain of poetry suffices to season a century.         

- José Martí

paparush

• View Profile
Re: Kymco P50 2t autocock vacuum line
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 01:00:36 AM »
Hey BBQ,
What did you ever do with regard to the autocock/filter.

I screwed the bottom of my autocock (People 50) off tonight and pulled the filter off.  It looks pretty cruddy but I can't find a replacement filter (just the filter) anywhere.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 01:12:54 AM »
You can clean it and reuse it. If you buy a new fuel tap you will get a new screen (filter) with it.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

paparush

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 02:12:15 AM »
Hey, thanks Sid.

Took the carb apart again tonight (3rd time).  Fuel jet clogged again.  Soaking parts in carb/choke cleaner overnight.

It's become a bit of a crusade to get this scoot running again.

maestromackes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 05:40:04 PM »
This will probably sound dumb, but what do you use to clean the fuel filter with? I also took my fuel filter off, but was unsure how to clean it, so I just put it back in. Based on how tightly the cap was screwed in, I don't think it has ever been taken off and cleaned. However, I am also interested in possibly putting in an in-line fuel filter. I've read on here that they seem to work better at actually filtering the fuel. Until then, I will stick with my stock fuel filter.

GM6969

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 08:52:32 PM »
Has anyone here replaced their autocock/fuel filter with a simple inline fuel filter and if so what did you do with the vacuum line? BTW it's running to a stock Keihin carb. 

Best thing to clean up any engine part is...gasoil, just find somekind of hard plastic box and fill it with the gasoil, this is the best practice ever ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()