Author Topic: Buyers beware (Shad light kit)  (Read 127 times)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Buyers beware (Shad light kit)
« on: March 28, 2024, 03:02:50 PM »
    I just bought a '23 Kymco People S 150i ABS scooter. I ordered a Shad SH33 top case, mounting kit, backrest and light kit also. The rear carrier on my scooter has 4 threaded holes that line up perfectly with the Shad mounting plate and the install was a breeze. The problem is with the light kit. On this model scooter the rear carrier extends out past the end of the Shad mount making it impossible to install the light kit. If any of you are considering a Shad top case purchase and want the extra light, make sure you can install it before you buy it.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Buyers beware (Shad light kit)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 10:27:34 PM »
Photo of the problem?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 08:49:37 PM »
Photo of the problem?

Stig

Here's a photo. The silver factory rear carrier has 4 threaded holes that line up perfectly with the Shad mounting plate. The position I have them in is the farthest back I can mount the plate utilizing the holes provided. In this position, you can see that the silver rear carrier extends past the Shad mounting plate. This makes it impossible to mount the light kit to the underside of it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 09:47:36 PM by mrmike »
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 12:25:50 AM »
A Shad with light kit fitted in the case is an option.
Others have installed lights in the cases supplied with a "reflector"
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 09:49:18 AM »
A Shad with light kit fitted in the case is an option.
Others have installed lights in the cases supplied with a "reflector"
Stig

I'll figure something out Stig. I love to fabricate when necessary. Never leave anything completely "stock".

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()