Author Topic: NSR: The ECLIPSE, you?  (Read 104 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
NSR: The ECLIPSE, you?
« on: March 23, 2024, 12:20:56 AM »
Will you be experiencing the eclipse next month?

We live in an area in Ohio which is fully within the path of the eclipse next month.
Local employers are scheduling leave for the employees; cities and especially the smaller villages have developed plans for dealing with traffic; parking lots are being created; portable toilets are on order; food trucks are scheduled, etc.

We have been advised to secure cash for purchases well in advance of the day, petrol tanks should be topped, food and water laid in, etc., etc.

The thinking is that this area will experience a large influx of visitors for the eclipse. No one knows how big the crowds will be, but officials are taking precautions so as not be caught wrong-footed for the event.
I can't blame them for being cautious...the way large portions of Americans go scalp hunting these days on Monday mornings!

I'll decide later if I'll sit in the back yard, or the front.

I have parking spaces for 6 cars. Bidding closes at 11AM. Cash only!
$35 for ltd. ed. Lunar Bobble-Head and pass for on-site Porta-Potty, limit 3 per family. (incl. P-P use!)
Bottled water $8.
Pet my dog, $7. If she was napping, $12
Look at my scooters, $15.
No lawn chair rentals, but I have some nice ones for sale.
Cash only!

Reservations advised. If it clouds up - no refunds, but we have a 909 pay-line to a guy in Cleveland. He can describe the wonder of it!

Stig
I found this site to have useful info....
https://www.nationaleclipse.com/

« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 12:26:58 AM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Re: NSR: The ECLIPSE, you?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 01:33:51 AM »
Will you be experiencing the eclipse next month?

We live in an area in Ohio which is fully within the path of the eclipse next month.
Local employers are scheduling leave for the employees; cities and especially the smaller villages have developed plans for dealing with traffic; parking lots are being created; portable toilets are on order; food trucks are scheduled, etc.

We have been advised to secure cash for purchases well in advance of the day, petrol tanks should be topped, food and water laid in, etc., etc.

The thinking is that this area will experience a large influx of visitors for the eclipse. No one knows how big the crowds will be, but officials are taking precautions so as not be caught wrong-footed for the event.
I can't blame them for being cautious...the way large portions of Americans go scalp hunting these days on Monday mornings!

I'll decide later if I'll sit in the back yard, or the front.

I have parking spaces for 6 cars. Bidding closes at 11AM. Cash only!
$35 for ltd. ed. Lunar Bobble-Head and pass for on-site Porta-Potty, limit 3 per family. (incl. P-P use!)
Bottled water $8.
Pet my dog, $7. If she was napping, $12
Look at my scooters, $15.
No lawn chair rentals, but I have some nice ones for sale.
Cash only!

Reservations advised. If it clouds up - no refunds, but we have a 909 pay-line to a guy in Cleveland. He can describe the wonder of it!

Stig
I found this site to have useful info....
https://www.nationaleclipse.com/

was thinking of visiting my brother in VT, he lives in the 100% path, but unfortunately, I have a doctor apt. so I will view 98% from her parking lot a few minutes before my apt. I'll have my surveying instrument w 32x scope & sun filter
RandyO
IBA#9560

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: NSR: The ECLIPSE, you?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 10:44:01 AM »
Live in the UK if you want to avoid eclipses. Cloud cover means in my entire life I only recall one visible eclipse!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()