Author Topic: LED talk reminded me of this...  (Read 72 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
LED talk reminded me of this...
« on: February 28, 2024, 09:12:39 PM »
7 or 8 yrs ago Piaggio released the new Liberty150i with ABS and the i-Get 3-V engines.
One of the official Piaggio promo videos was this...

So, two 'big' new selling points, along with the sleek new body style of this veteran big-wheel model from Piaggio (well over 900,000 to date) was the addition of ABS and the pair of LED running lights up front.
The USA version adds turn pods and deletes the amber indicator signal in the same fixture with the white LEDs.
As usual, to satisfy the super-vain American Piaggio/Vespa owners, Vespa Motorsport brought out a kit to install Euro-style  turn signals in the LED fixture - so that the offensive 'pods' can be removed :)
However - I noticed that this kit does not close the nearby white LED DRL when the amber bulb is activated inside the same small fixture.

The true Euro Liberty's signal system shuts off the LED when the turn signal is activated .....making the signal much easier to spot!
This is the same as found on a lot of American cars with front LED DRL's. The LED on that side of the car shuts off when the turn signal is activated.

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: LED talk reminded me of this...
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 09:37:29 AM »
Those DRLs do look good in the murk!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()