Author Topic: Exciting breakfast coffee  (Read 113 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Exciting breakfast coffee
« on: February 28, 2024, 08:46:36 PM »
At around 4:35AM this morning our cell phones went off - warning of a tornado.
"Extreme Emergency - tornados sighted in the area - take cover now! "

I went to my fav weather radar on my phone (the one I use for my scooter rides) - it gives a pretty accurate image of things.
Took a screen-shot.

We went to our safe area with the pup - daughter was very safe in a new city hospital where she works. 96 yr old MIL has a large new brick house w/basement 5 mins away. But it would have been hell getting her up and moving!...no time for it. (as the guy at the health dept. said of her, 2 yrs ago - "mid 90's? - she's already in Bonus Time!" Do not quote me!
Reports are several areas of touch-downs and damage. Nearest about 2 miles, or less, distant. Wright-Patt AFB took a good bit of damage. (20 miles distant)

We get these in the summer - but a Feb one is pretty rare.
Temps were way too warm for Feb overnight....65....big cold front moved in behind the storms.

Hope all you were OK - as these were widespread through the midwest.
Stig
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 08:50:09 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting breakfast coffee
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 09:40:03 AM »
Don’t tell me Stig, MiL slept through it?…
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting breakfast coffee
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 06:20:47 PM »
Don’t tell me Stig, MiL slept through it?…

She did.
She has purchased and misplaced so many hearing aids that one must walk carefully around her house!
On a good day she can find one.....but not the batteries.
I love her....but our monthly trips to the various doctors are an adventure!....as are my daily visits to give her the newspaper and her mail. She hasn't ventured down her driveway to the mail box in....well, no one can remember. It is all of 50 feet.
I am not fussing....she has stopped giving us her cars. She hasn't any left! I think it was Johnson, in the Whitehouse, the last time she drove. My late FIL took over the wheel then.

I've ridden with him, at my peril.

Apparently he'd always dreamed of being a race car driver! He once went with me to buy a tree for my yard. 30 miles away. We put it on his trailer. There wasn't a leaf left on that thing when he pulled into my driveway.

As my daughter likes to say, "you seniors are a lot of fun!"
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()