Author Topic: Agility 125 died while riding would not start  (Read 309 times)

CBonafide

• View Profile
Agility 125 died while riding would not start
« on: January 07, 2024, 02:08:23 PM »
Hello I’m new. This is my first scooter so I’m not very knowledgeable. I was riding yesterday and I got to a stop light and the engine died. I got it back home, and looked it over. I noticed the oil was very low. Is there a sensor that may stop it from starting if the oil gets too low?

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: Agility 125 died while riding would not start
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 02:35:26 PM »
@CBonafide welcome here!
AFAIK there is NO automatic stop when your oil level is low.
- check kill switch
- check fuel
- check spark plug
Come back for feedback or Qs!
Pls give some more info about your scoot, year, km, condition, etc..
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

CBonafide

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 05:29:39 PM »
Ok here goes. I hope this posts. I crawled under the bike and upon inspection noticed the spark plug boot dangling, but I couldn’t see the plug. It took some figuring but you have to open the seat, locate the two 10mm bolts in front, remove them. The front under seat cover can then be popped off with a flat head screw driver. On the right angled to the front is the plug recessed in the engine cowling.There is NO other way to access it. I removed the plug, extension required, cleaned it, put the boot back on, fired right up. Covers and screws in reverse. I hope this doesn’t happen to anyone, how it came off is a mystery. But at least you now know how to access your plug.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 07:13:51 PM »
This is best news ever,
such an easy fix👍👍🛠. Congrats!!
Stay with us in this forum and write once in a while.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 10:15:35 PM »
Ok here goes. I hope this posts. I crawled under the bike and upon inspection noticed the spark plug boot dangling, but I couldn’t see the plug. It took some figuring but you have to open the seat, locate the two 10mm bolts in front, remove them. The front under seat cover can then be popped off with a flat head screw driver. On the right angled to the front is the plug recessed in the engine cowling.There is NO other way to access it. I removed the plug, extension required, cleaned it, put the boot back on, fired right up. Covers and screws in reverse. I hope this doesn’t happen to anyone, how it came off is a mystery. But at least you now know how to access your plug.
You might be surprised at how easy it was to access your sparkplug,  compared to a lot of other scooters!
Glad you spotted the problem!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 10:39:46 AM »
You might be surprised at how easy it was to access your sparkplug,  compared to a lot of other scooters!
Glad you spotted the problem!

Stig

Just thank goodness it's not an Alec Issigonis Mini you're working on.  The plugs were the only things on those easy to work on!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()