Author Topic: Fuel Pump Question for Like 200i  (Read 319 times)

IronSky

• View Profile
Fuel Pump Question for Like 200i
« on: September 14, 2023, 01:57:22 AM »
Hello,

I am considering purchasing a 2013 Like 200i with only 1,500 miles on it. However, the previous owner left it unused in a garage for a long period of time with old gas in the tank, causing the bike to not start. He drained the bad gas and replaced it with new gas mixed with SeaFoam. We have also inspected the fuel pump (see links below) and are unsure if we should replace the pump and filter. I have searched for replacement parts that look like the current pump but have not had any luck finding them. Can you recommend a course of action? Are there any other factors we should consider to ensure the bike works properly again?

Original pump

Replacement pump links?

https://www.amazon.com/Replace-Intank-2015-2023-2010-2017-2006-2023/dp/B0CG5XQXD8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2Z2L3L53X054&keywords=kymco%2Blike%2B200i%2Bfuel%2Bpump&qid=1694656969&sprefix=%2Caps%2C391&sr=8-3&th=1

https://www.highflowfuel.com/qfs-oem-replacement-in-tank-efi-fuel-pump-w-strainer-for-kymco-like-200-efi-2010-2017-replaces-17550-lgs6-m30-17550-lgs6-e10/

Thanks for help

« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 02:04:15 AM by IronSky »

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: Fuel Pump Question for Like 200i
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 12:05:38 PM »
@IronSky welcome here!
There are two options:
A) seperate the fuel pump, measure and find a fitting replacement
B) look up "facet-fuel-pump" in internet. This pumps are mounted external, are simple and reliable.

Pls see this link
https://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=28759.0
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel Pump Question for Like 200i
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 04:16:16 PM »
Hello Iron - welcome to the forum!
OK - some thoughts....
Why do you suspect the fuel pump?
Do you have any codes blinking on the dash?
Kill switch on?
Battery strong? (tried jumping with known very good battery?)
Fuses checked?
Brake light lights with key on - and brake lever pulled? Either one.
Good spark? (spark plug snug, spark plug cap snug?)
Do you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds when key switched on?
Is the short black rubber fuel line attached to top of fuel pump rotted or split?
Do you get a nice fan-shaped fine spray from the injector when engine cranked?

If your tail light lights when brake pulled/key on, you hear the pump run, kill switch in RUN, you have a very good battery, injector spray is good, plug has good spark, plug wire tight.....I would not then suspect the pump or the filter or the valve adjustment, or loss of compression. (A really strong battery is necessary! Absolutely necessary for this EFI system.)

You likely have something else going on. The ECU/throttle body normally has no reason to fail just by sitting - unused. Nor would the pump.

Flooded compression chamber? Dry it out (remove plug) - then try full throttle cranks.
Cracked air in-take at the throttle/body?
Mouse nest in muffler or air filter box?

IF you do decide it is a failed fuel pump (very rare!) - I'd go with the Quantum in your LIKE200i. A few of us have used them. Mine's been working great for many years.

Let us know what you find, please.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()