Author Topic: Pulling a trailer with an AK550?  (Read 203 times)

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Pulling a trailer with an AK550?
« on: August 24, 2023, 09:04:45 PM »
just wondering. I don't particularly care for most of the luggage available for the AK, but more than that, if I go touring, I'd like more cargo space

RandyO
IBA#9560

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
Re: Pulling a trailer with an AK550?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 09:49:03 PM »
I have considered getting or making a hitch for my AK 550. I would suggest pulling nothing more than a small cargo trailer. A Uni-Go trailer would be ideal if you can find one. N-Line is another mono-wheel trailer company that is located right here in my town (West Des Moines, IA). Aluma-Line is another mc cargo trailer maker that has small cargo trailers and is also in Northern Iowa.

The main issue is the hitch. I don't know of any that are already made to be sold so one would have to make it custom for this scooter. I don't see any issues pulling a trailer with the AK at all. I've had experience pulling larger mc pop up campers made for motorcycles to pull. I've also made the wire harness myself for all my electrical connections for lights and trailers and anything electrical on a bike. I think with LED lighting the AK can handle it.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Pulling a trailer with an AK550?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 12:14:17 AM »
yes, Uni-Go, that would be my First choice, never seen one in person, only videos, (obviously promotional making em look like the best thing since sliced bread) but I've seen a few reviews on other forums.

I saw on their website, they make a hitch for the Burgman 650, and they dabble a bit in custom hitches
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()