Author Topic: Long Overdue Pictures  (Read 414 times)

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
Long Overdue Pictures
« on: August 14, 2023, 02:14:47 PM »
Afternoon everybody!

Haven't posted any pictures for a couple of years, so I thought they were probably overdue.

I live in the West Midlands region of the UK, but I work in the East and have spent a lot more time going in to the office of late, to my regret.

It's not all bad, though. The trip from my city to the office is a delight; a few miles of dual carriageway out of town, before climbing on to the Staffordshire Moorlands and skirting the bottom of the Peak district as I wind more than 30 miles of country roads before doing a short stint on the M1 motorway again to finish up.

I've had this bike a year now; how time flies. It's a Suzuki Inazuma 250 (GW250). It didn't sell well in the UK, and anywhere else I believe, probably hampered by the fact it's an ugly blighter. However, the 26hp twin-cylinder Suzuki motor is a gem. It's not slow, and pushing the revs through the 6 gears allows you to have quite a fun rural ride, though you're never going that fast. It was a budget purchase after it became clear my old CB250 wasn't going to carry on much longer, and I've been dead chuffed.

I went Thruxton over the last weekend on it, which was 340 miles with no complaints, at motorway (highway) speeds for a lot of it.

I am likely to start working in the office more as time goes on, but I'm no longer that worried about it as, for a good chunk of the year, I'll enjoy the ride.

Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Long Overdue Pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 12:57:29 AM »
Super pix Viper!
Your riding route would require Google maps to follow, for all but 2 or 3 of us here - but sounds like great fun on two wheels 🙂
250 is a very good size for someone like me.....having come to believe that a 150 is perfectly adequate for all but highways!
Best of luck with your work over there....and look forward to your next photos!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 06:23:08 PM »
Cool little bike! I don’t recognize it and don’t believe it was sold over here in the states? I agree that a 250 can get you wherever you need to go at whatever speed you feel like riding. Love the pics!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 09:37:06 AM »
Good to hear from you Viper and I agree with Stig, nice pictures.  I'm obviously familiar with the area and so the type of roads you'll be riding so I'm jealous.  Reminds me of a year I spent commuting (on a Triumph Sprint) to Wolverhampton from Leicester.  Once off the M6 and onto the A roads it was a blast.  Better than the reverse commute two years before where, morning & night,  I always seemed to be riding into the sun!

How many miles has the little Suzook done now?  Should be good for 60-70K?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 12:35:49 PM »
Thanks all. It was sold in the states for a while but looks to have been horribly unpopular - which it was here, too.

That is quite a ride, Neil - but sometimes the ride can be good fun. I am waiting to imminently hear about a job change that will havr me riding a lot more, which seems contrary to the direction everyone else is moving in.

Getting about 80mpg UK, or 66mpg US. Which is the main reason i ride to work as the bills stack up fast.

Only 30K miles on it so it will be good for a good few years yet. Went to Thruxton and back for the British Super Bikes last weekend - 320 mile round trip :)
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()