Author Topic: 450I tires ?  (Read 634 times)

kickstart

• View Profile
450I tires ?
« on: July 17, 2023, 01:29:07 PM »
It is time for some new tires all suggestions are welcome and has anyone went with bigger than stock?

airshot

• View Profile
Re: 450I tires ?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 03:12:19 AM »
With the gear ratio being fixed, I wouldn't tax/ bog the engine down with bigger tires.  I bought the SUNF AO33 tires thru walmart and they have been excellent.. They are an actual 25" tire, unlike the 24 plus size that came on the machine.  The tread is more pavement friendly, quiet, good mud traction, good snow traction, stiff sidewalls...can be run flat at slow speeds !  ( wont get stranded)
Price was good, very highly rated from others that have owned them.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 04:16:12 AM »
I have gone to street tires, before I retired, most of my miles were street miles, off road tires melt, 1 tank of gas = 400 miles = 1 set of tires

I sourced a set of 15" wheels, and running cheap "Arctic Claw" brand 205/70-15,  over a thousand miles on em, they still look new. And work just as good for most offroad duty, I even plow snow with em, no need to mount my offroad tires with Trygg chains

you can see they are a little taller than stock (26.x)
RandyO
IBA#9560

kickstart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 11:48:08 AM »
Thank You both for the info. I run very little on a paved road (1 mile to the neighbors place) the SUNF look to be best for my use.
I have 3K miles on the stock tires that are getting close to slicks.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()