Author Topic: So I got about 8 miles out of my new to my 2017 Like then it died  (Read 258 times)

GoVanGo

• View Profile
IDK am i cursed or what.   Agility died on my first few days of owning it.
zx50 has some noise coming from variator that I havent bothered to look at .

And so today I went for a ride on the LIke 200i that I bought yesterday .
Was cruising about 35 up hill and died.  As in no go , stop here now about quarter mile from my house.
Felt like what running out of gas would feel like. 
Then I see check engine like and I read to count the blinks.
I got 2 long blinks then 6 short fast ones.     Ok been googling that and reading past  posts and going to links and I dont see a thing about 2 long and 6 shorts.   Look at the links that Stig as posted and either I am not reading the blinks right or IDK.

Any one know off hand, without me going to more sites that you either have to pay to get info or can't see the info ?

Does 2 long and 6 short mean " sell your scooters your not meant to own one"?

Also will not start at all after this .   I have gas and it turns over just no start.
Had to call a guy with a truck to bring this back to home.   

« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 05:39:22 AM by GoVanGo »
06 ZX50
14 Agility 125
17  Like 200i

Before scoot life .
Honda XR100, 4 CB 750s , 1978 Kawa Z1R , 79 Goldwing , HD RoadKing , Honda Areo 1100 .

GoVanGo

• View Profile
Re: So I got about 8 miles out of my new to my 2017 Like then it died
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 06:27:36 AM »
Well since Stig mentioned something about the line in the fuel tank going bad like in this video
gonna take a look in the morning.  Hope its something simple like this
06 ZX50
14 Agility 125
17  Like 200i

Before scoot life .
Honda XR100, 4 CB 750s , 1978 Kawa Z1R , 79 Goldwing , HD RoadKing , Honda Areo 1100 .

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 08:36:58 AM »
Start checking with fuel:
-fuel hose off injector, container beneath, KILL SWITCH ON, start...fuel YES/NO
if NO...fuel line clogged= cleaning or replace

if YES. .. fuel line on injector, same game
is it spraying YES/NO

if NO ...injector cleaning or replace
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

GoVanGo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 01:35:20 AM »
Wow just now saw that Stig had a sticky dealing with this very thing.  I havent read it will see if
he handled it like I did or if he had a better trick . lol    Just saw it after I posted this .

Issue was exactly what the video showed.
If its this common you would think Kymco would of done a recall esp since your scooter dies in the middle of driving.

Will warn about taking off the filter/pump ,  it has a really grippy seal ,  I had to slowly edge a flat
head screwdriver all the way around.  The screwdriver wont hit the seal , its located lower then the edge.

Then putting this thing back was a huge pain.   Maybe the seals swell due to being near gas but huge pain.
Its not your standard black seal its a flesh colored seal.   I had to slowly pound my way around using a rubber mallet and piece of 2x4.  Finally got one side down , no way could I use equal pressure and get it back on that way .   So on the one down side I put in 2 of the bolts and gently tightened as much as I could without stripping threads or getting it cockeyed.   Then more pounding , then I took the longer bolts that held the bucket in and used those to gently press down the other side of the pump .

Then a back and forth with bolts then remove seat bolts when you can get closer to the bolt hole with the shorter pump bolts then lots of crisscross tightening.

Then I did a valve adjustment and spark plug change and it fired right up.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 01:36:57 AM by GoVanGo »
06 ZX50
14 Agility 125
17  Like 200i

Before scoot life .

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()