Author Topic: Hello Like Folks , Im making my way from the bottom up .. Rear shock/spring ?  (Read 347 times)

GoVanGo

• View Profile
By that I mean 2 months ago I bought a Super Fever ZX50 , last month I bought a Agility 125
and today I joined the Likes,   got a 2017 Like 200i  with only 940 miles. 
But the owner cut the rear springs by half at least maybe more , said he couldnt reach the ground.
Now Im 6 ft 260 so ya I was feeling some bumps on the way .  It pretty much bottoms out just by me sitting on it.
So question is, where can I just buy the springs for this and any good cheap sources?

If not where would you all go for shocks. again cheap meaning doesnt really have to be OEM.
thanks.

I gotta edit my info now 3 scoots
06 ZX50
14 Agility 125
17  Like 200i

Before scoot life .
Honda XR100, 4 CB 750s , 1978 Kawa Z1R , 79 Goldwing , HD RoadKing , Honda Areo 1100 .

GoVanGo

• View Profile
Reading through all the good info at the start of this forum.

Not sure if its in there but the one thing I noticed today on the 200i , just feels a little rough.
course I want to tear into a carb but the "i" ...    So ya in carb terms its running like it needs a
carb cleaning , what does that translate into for a 200i .  Just a bit rough idle and running.
Owner had it sitting for years so I did change out the gear oil and all new 91 oct gas today.
Oddly that gear oil was super dirty for just the 900 miles .      Doing a new spark plug tomorrow just to do it and oil change. 
06 ZX50
14 Agility 125
17  Like 200i

Before scoot life .
Honda XR100, 4 CB 750s , 1978 Kawa Z1R , 79 Goldwing , HD RoadKing , Honda Areo 1100 .

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Reading through all the good info at the start of this forum.

Not sure if its in there but the one thing I noticed today on the 200i , just feels a little rough.
course I want to tear into a carb but the "i" ...    So ya in carb terms its running like it needs a
carb cleaning , what does that translate into for a 200i .  Just a bit rough idle and running.
Owner had it sitting for years so I did change out the gear oil and all new 91 oct gas today.
Oddly that gear oil was super dirty for just the 900 miles .      Doing a new spark plug tomorrow just to do it and oil change.

Hello, Yeah letting them sit is not the best practice.
Me?...I'd slip an Iridium NGK in there and run a tank or two of Shell Nitro 93. It has a small host of cleaning agents - as do most Top Tier fuels.
Your scoot is still within the break-in period for mileage.....so - I wouldn't abuse it.

If a tank or two does not improve things.....and it is trying to stumble after running it for a bit - might check that gas cap is venting properly....AND might unbolt the top of the tank and check that short rubber line between the in-tank fuel pump and top of tank has not rotted while sitting in gas for 2 years. It HAS happened. There is a youtube about this.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

GoVanGo

• View Profile
Hello, Yeah letting them sit is not the best practice.
Me?...I'd slip an Iridium NGK in there and run a tank or two of Shell Nitro 93. It has a small host of cleaning agents - as do most Top Tier fuels.
Your scoot is still within the break-in period for mileage.....so - I wouldn't abuse it.

If a tank or two does not improve things.....and it is trying to stumble after running it for a bit - might check that gas cap is venting properly....AND might unbolt the top of the tank and check that short rubber line between the in-tank fuel pump and top of tank has not rotted while sitting in gas for 2 years. It HAS happened. There is a youtube about this.

Stig
Ya crazy interesting to digest , 6 yo and still in break in period lol.
Will do that and doing the spark asap.   I did the iridium for the Agility and just felt more responsive .
thxs
06 ZX50
14 Agility 125
17  Like 200i

Before scoot life .

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Ya crazy interesting to digest , 6 yo and still in break in period lol.
Will do that and doing the spark asap.   I did the iridium for the Agility and just felt more responsive .
thxs
Oh heck, I missread. That rubber line sitting in that gas for 6 yrs!, not 2.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

GoVanGo

• View Profile
Oh heck, I missread. That rubber line sitting in that gas for 6 yrs!, not 2.
Stig
Dang now you really got me going , gotta check in a couple hours when I wake up . Its still 8am here takes me a while to get up.

I always known sometimes a low mileage but just parked vehicle brings its own share of issue , seals etc.
Not sure I even trust these new but 6 year old tires .   
I hope I didnt make a big mistake but got this for $1300 so just thought it was a good deal.
06 ZX50
14 Agility 125
17  Like 200i

Before scoot life .

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()