Author Topic: Rear Brake Service  (Read 587 times)

Vision

• View Profile
Rear Brake Service
« on: June 20, 2023, 03:14:14 PM »
Is your rear brake strong, always soft and you only use it for good form, you don't use it, or other?

Is the rear OEM brake pad good or should you go aftermarket? I go aftermarket for front brake pads and highly recommend Sixity.

https://www.sixity.com/front-ceramic-brake-pads-2006-2014-kymco-agility-125-set-full-kit-complete-2048212184.html

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Rear Brake Service
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 10:21:24 PM »
my S200 rear brake is a typical mechanical drum, not particularly strong or good at much. I replaced it with OEM shoes. I do use both front and rear brakes on the Kymco scoot as braking is not it's strong suit! I haven't replaced front pads on Kymco but on Helix and Ninja I went with EBC sintered metallic pads for better bite. Those are pretty inexpensive brake pads you're linking to!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 07:08:54 AM »
Any brand of brake pad will do, for KYMCO does not produce it by themself.
Ceramic are said to run cleaner (dustwise) which  also depends where you use your vehicle.

For brake performance:
 if your brake disc(s) are grooved in, none of (ceramic or metallic) any new brand brake pad will perform satisfactorely, because of reduced area of  cohasion to your disc.

Simply runs on elevated parts and braking performance could be reduced up to 80% until disc and pads are sanded together again.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Vision

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 09:22:17 PM »
Thanks guys.

Iahawk, that price seems normal to me.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()