Author Topic: Belt Wear  (Read 513 times)

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Belt Wear
« on: May 27, 2023, 12:44:04 AM »
when do you replace the belt?

at this point, my 2015 UXV450i has endured 7 seasons of logging duty, 4 seasons of snowplowing, high speed on road use, towing a 990lb backhoe, then towing it offroad, here and there thru pastures and woodlands

I noticed today when returning home from my annual fluid replace/inspect, tuneup and a frame repair as well (snow plowing beats the crap out of vehicles) my top speed is down to 44-45 from 49-50 when new

still does all the low gear work with no problem, and no plans to replace the belt yet, just wondering how far to ya'll let your belts wear before replacement, or do you just do it routinely by mileage/hours
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Belt Wear
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 02:08:23 AM »
Havent had to replace mine yet either....my wife has health issues so I cant get away for any length of time on long rides. Used to go up into Mich and the UP on 3-4 day rides.  When I had my atv's I would repkace them at 2k miles and if the ild belt was still good, keep it for a spare.  Mine shows no sign of giving up as of yet and no plans for any long trips so not gonna worry about it.  Now...if I had a couple long trips planned for this summer, I woukd be tempted to open it up and check things out as I keep a spare belt handy.  Looks like a belt swap might be quite a job on these 450i machines !!

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 04:17:08 PM »
  Looks like a belt swap might be quite a job on these 450i machines !!

my thoughts too, nothing I'd wanna do out on the trail....... nothing I really want to do at all, a job for my mechanic.
I do have a spare brand new belt in the storage compartment in the tailgate, bought it several years ago, that's when I looked under the seat and decided it was a job for my mechanic, that time, turned out that I just froze my belt in an ice cube
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 08:17:48 PM »
Actually, the belt replacement itself it quite easy, but...on that 450i, there is so much stuff to remove to get it out of the way!!!  Mabey they created very good wearing belts due to the difficulty of getting them.  Guess we should be glad because my neighbors have Polaris machines and go thru one or two belts each season and there quads dont get that much use, there Generals do and another has a Polaris side x side and is on his third belt in three years !!  The Polaris belts are easy to change, guess we know why...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()