Author Topic: Another rectifier bites the dust. Debating stator replacement  (Read 272 times)

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
I think I might need a new stator. Was riding home today when the Gas gauge went all the way down like I explained in my prevoius post. THis time I did not turn the scooter off untill I got home. As soon as I cut it off, the positive fuse blew. Pulled apart the front and saw that the regulator was indeed cooked again and on the same pin as my OEM one. Ended up tracing the pin that was fried on both fried rectifiers and found out the connection came from the coil. Finding a replacement coil for a kymco agility is close to impossible. However, I found one on amazon that is Identical except it has a ground wire. Each DC stator has 8 poles. Question is would the stator from amazon fit even though it has an extra ground wire or should I purchace an OEM one? Im suspecting that the Stator is overcharging the regulator causing it to blow. I just do not understand why it does it when the gas gauge is just about to go below empty.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 01:59:41 AM by aschrauth »
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

Vision

• View Profile
Re: Another rectifier bites the dust. Debating stator replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 03:11:55 AM »
I go OEM as much as possible. There's a thread on my stator replacement and diagnosing the issue. Not sure what to say about the gas gauge.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()