Author Topic: Beginner questions and basic maintanance  (Read 465 times)

AchnatonSVK

• View Profile
Beginner questions and basic maintanance
« on: April 08, 2023, 09:59:59 PM »
Hello dear Kymco friends,

few days ago I became a proud owner of Kymco Agility City 16+ 125i CBS. I would like to ask a few question my fellow, more experienced Kymco riders. First of all...my question is, that how long I need to drive on half throttle (I'm using my bike for city driving in 90%). I was told by seller that I need to be careful for first 150km (i got 144 km right now ODO) till everything sits down. It is true, or should I follow manual? (1600km -1/2 and 1800km - 3/4).

My second question is, as the title states is top speed of this, 6,4kw scooter. I watched some videos and it seems that the max speed is about 85-90 km/h. Is it true? Like can somebody confirm this data? My weight is about 70-75 kg (depending on dinner hehe...) so the max speed should be bit more yes? Also...I cant install better exhaust, CDI or variator because my bike is still under warranty. Are there any options to get better top speed or I'm stuck right now...

Because in fact...my bike is enough for city driving (50-60 km/h traffic) but I'm afraid to took it somewhere on a trip outside of city because of top speed of my 6,4kw scooter (in our country is 90km/h limit outside of city) and for highway I'm not even dreaming (110 km/h and crazy drivers around).

Thank you for your answers and I wish you many happy kilometers with your bikes!

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: Beginner questions and basic maintanance
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 11:38:25 AM »
@AchnatonSVK, very welcome here in this tribe!

-for "breaking in" period 150 km seem a little bit too short a distance for such a small, aircooled one-cylinder. Stick more (but not religiosely) to manufactors recommandation. Oil changes are the same important at beginning.

-speed will be about 90 km/h, enough for any city but too slow for autobahn, though for regional roads with 90 it's enough.
Performance parts are available but cannot work wonders,125 ccm are not more and any change shortens your scoots engine life plus costs a fortune. If you really want to be faster buy a bigger scoot.

-enjoy your scoot as a remedy for stress release and cruise, and stay safe.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 11:44:09 AM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

AchnatonSVK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2023, 06:14:40 PM »
@AchnatonSVK, very welcome here in this tribe!

-for "breaking in" period 150 km seem a little bit too short a distance for such a small, aircooled one-cylinder. Stick more (but not religiosely) to manufactors recommandation. Oil changes are the same important at beginning.

-speed will be about 90 km/h, enough for any city but too slow for autobahn, though for regional roads with 90 it's enough.
Performance parts are available but cannot work wonders,125 ccm are not more and any change shortens your scoots engine life plus costs a fortune. If you really want to be faster buy a bigger scoot.

-enjoy your scoot as a remedy for stress release and cruise, and stay safe.

Hello @Ruffus! and thank you for your great welcoming and also for your reply!

It seemed to me like it was bit short distance to everything sits down...how many you suggest? I understand that its very specific for individual engine...surely I'm not forcefully sticking to the manual...sometimes my hand "slips" on the gas...but for short duration and not full gas..

For the speed....for fun I used OpenAI to calculate my top spped with give data... (see attachment) so I'm courious to test it...hope it is true, or I will crack my head on the table cuz I if I had payed 200 more, I could grab Honda PCX with 9,2kw....maybe someone be willing to trade my bike in...will see...but for now is worthless to even think about it...

Autobahn will not be the place to go....I decided to use it in city...sometimes outside of city for regional roads...I'm courious how it will be on kymco on regionals...if it will be pain in the ass or acceptable ride...Truly....I'm not sure it will be enough...and if I have my gf with me (+60kg)....I won't reach even 85km/h...

And for the "tuning" part...I was thinking about it....you got point, that it will decrease life of the engine because its not suited for higher speed than maybe 100km/h....not worth the engine...

But one question still bothers me...what engine is in my Kymco? Honda Gy7 or another one? Maybe engine swap will help (in the distance of 3 years, or if somethings f***s up on the current engine)...Because BigBore kit is also an idea, but the whole machine is not dimensioned for it...

I kindly thank you for your help!

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2023, 06:53:25 PM »
Inderstand your buyers doubts. But you will see how relaxing scooter riding compared to, let's say, a sporty one where you lay on your fuel tank.

Since I don't know your riding preferences it's hard to recommand a certain kilometer break-in distance. You can kill a motor uphill, two up, within fifty kilometers, particularely aircooled.

Just ride that one for a while, enjoy gliding, your CVT, low fuel costs. If you really unhappy after some time, put it on the market, get something else.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

AchnatonSVK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 06:44:03 PM »
Inderstand your buyers doubts. But you will see how relaxing scooter riding compared to, let's say, a sporty one where you lay on your fuel tank.

Since I don't know your riding preferences it's hard to recommand a certain kilometer break-in distance. You can kill a motor uphill, two up, within fifty kilometers, particularely aircooled.

Just ride that one for a while, enjoy gliding, your CVT, low fuel costs. If you really unhappy after some time, put it on the market, get something else.

I'll take the word for it...Hope the Kymco Agility City 16+ 125i CBS will satisfy my needs and "demands"...I can't buy bigger one cuz I don't have licence and my GF won't let me do it :D So I'm limitied to 125 by our law.

But I'll think about what you said by riding this one for a while....good advice...if I'm unhappy I will get a new (with more power) one. Thank you for your help

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 01:16:01 PM »
Just a thought-how fast do you REALLY want to go? I've seen newer riders who got spooked after a close call with a car going probably faster than they should have and selling the bike the next day. Or giving it away. My brother started with a vino 50cc and of course it wasn't fast enough so he test rode a modified 70 cc kymco LC Super9 and ended up in a ditch with broken collarbone and bruised ribs. Be careful what you ask for. Don't be like him. Be the guy that rides sensibly and stays alive. One fall at even 40 mph can really set you back. And your girlfriend deserves a safe ride as well. That was an interesting OpenAI readout. thank you. Who cares how fast you can go?

https://www.mototribology.com/articles/jaso-explained-part-1

this is from a great post on the piaggio mp3 site. there is a difference in motor oils I am learning!  ;D
I guess I am more interested in making an engine last than seeing if I can go faster. But I am old. No falls yet.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()