Author Topic: broke again  (Read 696 times)

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
broke again
« on: March 17, 2023, 05:23:41 PM »
my 450i go clickity click on front axle, last  time it was a broken frame

plowing beats the sh!t out of a vehicle, at least I got enuf done to get in and out, and mailbox is cleared for the mailman
RandyO
IBA#9560

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: broke again
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 11:47:06 AM »
On an Audi 4000S when it makes that noise it's a failed CV joint.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 12:50:34 AM »
On an Audi 4000S when it makes that noise it's a failed CV joint.

Stig

pretty sure that's what's going on in my Silverado, my UXV450i, don't think so, last time, it was a broken frame, good 4wd going forward, but not backing up, the front driveline was actually separating, this may be going on again
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 08:06:01 PM »
Well that really sucks !!!  If you have it welded again, make sure they enhance the welded area with gussets or a number of other methods that can actually make the joint stronger than the original.
From your stories, I know you have gotten every ounce of strength out of it !!  Good luck...wrong time of year for a break down...

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 08:52:34 PM »
Well that really sucks !!!  If you have it welded again, make sure they enhance the welded area with gussets or a number of other methods that can actually make the joint stronger than the original.
From your stories, I know you have gotten every ounce of strength out of it !!  Good luck...wrong time of year for a break down...

hopefully no more storms, I went out today and moved it around a bit, might be just a CV  does it more when wheels are turned sharper. I was able to push a small pile of snow that was blocking access to my dumpster. Probably take the plow off and drive it to dealer next week
RandyO
IBA#9560

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 06:20:56 PM »
finally got to drop my rig off at the dealer last Friday, got a call today, yep, frame is broken again, other than needing a tune-up, and annual fluid change, that's all that's wrong
RandyO
IBA#9560

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 08:19:34 PM »
 fixed, pick it up tomorrow, drop off my K-Pipe for new shoes
RandyO
IBA#9560

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2024, 04:00:22 AM »

It's been a year, yes, the fabricator added gussets,  frame is definitely stiffer. plowing goes smoother now anyway, I added gravel and regraded my driveway last summer, made room to push snow back

my 450i will be 10 years old this fall, been thinking of a replacement, possibly a Polaris diesel 
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()