Author Topic: Contacting Kymco USA  (Read 2228 times)

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
Re: Contacting Kymco USA
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2023, 02:10:39 PM »
Kymco has manufacturing plants in many many countries. They monitor manufacture of parts as any good company should do. Even Honda and Suzuki and BMW have manufacturing plants in China and many many other countries. So I'm not too worried.

This statement is not intended to be political in any way... just company location oriented. Shipping times are always affected by source location from destination. And that is usually even a warehouse different from where a part is made.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2023, 12:29:09 AM »
Members, let's keep your geopolitical views off of here.

Stig
Stig, as you well know, each and every Kymco these days is a geopolitical rat's nest!

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2024, 10:31:18 AM »
That it typical thinking for those who think Taiwan = China. It doesn't... unless China is allowed to continue to walk all over the USA as they have for the last many years. But if the USA steps up to protect Taiwan sovereignty and keeps them separate from China then all will be fine.

BTW - it is normal for most parts on a 15 yr old bike to become unavailable from any source anywhere. I even had to special order a throttle control head for my first bike and was told they basically had to break out the old molds to make one for me. My first bike was less than 8 years old at the time, and was the last of its model made, and was a Harley Davidson 125cc dual sport.

20 years ago, I was trying to restore an '82 Yamaha XV920R to original, the big thing I needed was the 9" headlamp (sae headlamp was on the Seca 650 as well) I went to the local Yamaha dealer to get the original part #s. I'm at the parts counter, instead of writing the number down for me, he walks away, I'm thinking wtf, and after a couple minutes, he comes back, dusting off a headlamp, he also had a service manual, sitting on the shelf for the previous 20 years.

never know where yer gonna come across parts, and some things, get specs or scan an original, and print them out on a 3d printer. Friend of mine restoring a '99 R7 found the parts he needed in South Africa, it's not just your local salvage yard anymore, it's a global salvage yard
RandyO
IBA#9560

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2024, 08:25:31 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I bought a new 2022 Kymco People S 150i abs and did not have the Hand Guards. I made the dealer aware and they said they were going to e-mail Kymco USA to get the handguards. I checked with them and they said that Kymco is not responding to ther e-mails? Its been now a few months since I made the purchase and no Hand Guards. I don't know if Kymco is not responding or the dealer rep is giving me the run around. In any case I have tried from that link on their website to contact them and so far no response. Any recommendation? Thank you!!

Sergio
USCG retired

Sergio

I just bought a '23 People S 150i ABS. I also wanted those plastic handguards. They were not put on the American version. I saw a YouTube video on the People S. It was posted by Scooter Central in Sydney, Australia. I went to their website and contacted them. I was told the handguards were about $40 to $45 dollars apiece. I inquires about buying them and shipping to the US. I never got a reply. There is also a Great Britian site that shows them. I'm afraid you have to purchase them overseas if you want them.

P. S.  I have contacted Kymco USA by E-mail several times in the last 2 months. They have always responded with answers to my questions.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 08:28:19 PM by mrmike »
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()