Author Topic: 2005 GV250 want to sell  (Read 792 times)

Forefronts

• View Profile
2005 GV250 want to sell
« on: November 12, 2022, 01:33:52 AM »
I have a  2005 GV250 in pristine condition 1250 mi [used for a local commute], that I want to sell.
I am turning 80, and the wife doesn't want me to ride anymore,
Any Idea what I should ask? could not find a 'Bluebook' for it.  It has rear box and the electric folding mirrors [very rare].
My local Kymco dealer [Portland OR],  doesn't take anything older than 5 years for resale, so I will need to sell it myself.
The dealer also told me that since Kymco stopped the GV250 in 2009, parts are very hard to find, so a buyer is on their own.
I also have the full service manual.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 GV250 want to sell
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 02:19:29 AM »
sorry to hear you're hanging up the riding gear. It seems that most any 250cc scoot in nice shape sells for at least  $1200 / $1500 / $1750 or more?
You're right about the parts getting a little harder to find..but it seems older Kymcos don't require a whole lot of replacement parts!

I'd look at facebook marketplace, craigslist, even cycle trader for comparables? Seems like it should easily bring $1500.

( a quick loof at FB marketplace shows a bunch..2008 w/1000 miles for $1800, heck, I'll just post a pic of the listings..)
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 06:10:23 PM »
Where are you?
What part of the country?
South - sell now . North, I'd wait for spring.
But whatever you do - invest some time in taking a few very good photos of this 'pristine' scooter!
Get the sun behind YOU, not the scooter. Don't park for pix in front of a dumpster, etc. You know what I mean. Park it to show off the scooter in a pleasant setting.....even if you do not live in a pleasant setting - move it for the photos!
Good pictures of a handsome scooter will help you get your best dollar for it!

sorry your riding is over. We'll all get there sooner or later. Best to be making this decision now, rather than "too late."

Best of luck with your sale - and thanks for keeping that Kymco in such good condition!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 07:18:03 PM »
All the previous suggestions are on the mark. Scooter prices have recently increased dramatically so I'd price it higher then you think it's worth and see what happens, especially since you have a quality bike with low mileage in excellent condition. Don't lower your price if you don't get a lot of interest; the scooter market is relatively small, plus this is the slow season. If you lived closer I'd be interested as I'm down to two GV250's at the moment. Good luck.

Stu 
2009 GV 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()