Author Topic: **SOLVED** 2013 Agility not starting  (Read 486 times)

Billet22

• View Profile
**SOLVED** 2013 Agility not starting
« on: August 23, 2022, 07:39:37 PM »
New Agility I've only had for a week. Normally starts right up after a crank or two. However,  I tried starting it with the kill switch on, accidentally for a few minutes,  not realizing it was on. Then the starter quit engaging,  so I replaced it. Now it still won't start. I have the kill switch in the correct position now. I replaced the ignition coil, and plug, and verified spark. Thinking maybe it was flooded, I cleaned the carb and verified its getting fuel. Not sure what else to check since it's getting spark,  I'm assuming the brake sensor isn't the issue or the CDI. What am I overlooking? Thanks for the help.

SOLVED
After trying just about everything I could think of,  I figured all that was left was to check the valves. The intake valve wouldn't clear a .003 gauge. I put it back to .004 and it fired up first try. However,  it's now backfiring a bit and losing throttle/rpm's after about 30 seconds of running. It's gotta be a fuel issue, or something I did while messing with the carb. I don't think this is a valve issue. I deleted the PAIR system while I was trying to sort out the starting issue,  so maybe that affects something. I'll update after I figure out while it's starving for fuel.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 03:05:07 AM by Billet22 »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Agility not starting
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 09:05:30 PM »
A "new" Agility?!
Don't replace parts...take it back and use your 2 year warranty.
You probably flooded it cranking with the kill switch on.
Let sit...or use "flooded engine" start technique holding throttle wide open.
Did you run down the battery too?
BTW, Welcome the forum.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Billet22

• View Profile
Re: 2013 Agility not starting
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 10:54:35 PM »
Sorry for the confusion,  new to me. It's a 2013. I am not familiar with the "flooded engine" technique,  but will look it up.  I keep the battery on a trickle charger,  so it remains charged. Thanks for the suggestion!
A "new" Agility?!
Don't replace parts...take it back and use your 2 year warranty.
You probably flooded it cranking with the kill switch on.
Let sit...or use "flooded engine" start technique holding throttle wide open.
Did you run down the battery too?
BTW, Welcome the forum.
Stig
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 10:57:20 PM by Billet22 »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()