Author Topic: Downtown sub-forum?  (Read 9102 times)

axy

• View Profile
Re: Downtown sub-forum?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 02:12:33 PM »
I remember that 10-15 years ago, gasoline used to be 4 TIMES less expensive in USA than in EU.
Now it is maybe 50 % less.

You guys still have a long way to go to reach us. European governments use taxation money to finance public needs so 50-75 % of the gasoline pice are taxes and excises.
However, the social support of European states is typically much stronger than in USA (free education&health services...).
No such thing as a free lunch. (Nordic countries that are among the most developed in the world with highest living standard also have the highest taxation and fuel prices).
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 07:11:13 PM »
In Virginia no license is required if its (scooter or moped) no larger that 50cc, is DOT approved, will not exceed 35mph, and you have a helmet. No insurance of any kind is required. No tag/plate of any kind is required. I think the minimum age is 15 years old but that Im not sure about. 

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 03:30:47 AM »
In Virginia no license is required if its (scooter or moped) no larger that 50cc, is DOT approved, will not exceed 35mph, and you have a helmet. No insurance of any kind is required. No tag/plate of any kind is required. I think the minimum age is 15 years old but that Im not sure about. 

That would depend on where you live in the Commonwealth of Virgina. Counties and independent cities also have the power to make their own regulations and some of those do require license plates, state that it must be 49cc or less to not need insurance, the rider must wear goggles/eye protection if the helmet is not a full face helmet, etc.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 03:31:34 AM »
And welcome to the forum, sc00ter! :)

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 04:55:51 AM »
I have had a 125 or larger for so long that tags, insurance, etc. are second nature. The only place that I ever got stopped was in Washington DC on a pedal having Tomas. Come to find out that I did not get stopped because of the lack of tags and such but because a moped just got stolen in the same area and he was just making sure the one I was on was not the stolen one. I did hear a rumor that the state of VA is thinking about having them tagged with a special "moped tag" and require operators to have a "moped license"-mainly to help on theft recovery and to have grounds to bust the DUI crowd. Stupid side note: I remember (yes, Im old) when mopeds didnt require helmets! When I got my first moped at the age of 14 I still wore a ill fitting glitter blue open face I found at a yard sale for $1. My friends joked me non-stop until one night all of us were racing our mopeds (7 total death race style) thru a neighborhood "intoxicated" and this guy named Stinky tagged a curb and busted his helmet-less head open on the ground! He recovered and the rest of my friends quickly found helmets, which became madatory law the following year. Wow Im old and was (still?) really stupid!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 04:02:13 AM »
I'm sorry about your friend, sc00ter.

It wouldn't surprise me if the rumor you heard had truth behind it. Virginia loves to make laws!

And...Shhhhh...we're not getting older!!

We may be getting wiser, though. ;D

griffon_j9

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 11:02:33 PM »
In ohio you even need a M1 license for a 50 cc which includes take driven test.

but I think cortez is asking why this forum does not have a section specific to the downtown 300/125? That way the downtowners have there own special section just like the rest of us..... hummm guess that would mean a yager section too DOH!  :P
2010 Red Xciting 500RI  51 MPG so far

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 02:02:18 PM »
In ohio you even need a M1 license for a 50 cc which includes take driven test.

but I think cortez is asking why this forum does not have a section specific to the downtown 300/125? That way the downtowners have there own special section just like the rest of us..... hummm guess that would mean a yager section too DOH!  :P

Every model should have it's subforum, it costs nothing, just a little effort on the behalf of the moderators.

If the non-existent MyRoad 700i has its own forum and no one even saw that scooter other then in pictures.. then the best
seliing Kymco in Europe should have its own..

Theres thousands of them on Italian roads alone.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 10:03:41 AM »
!
:D
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »
Every model should have it's subforum, it costs nothing, just a little effort on the behalf of the moderators.

Not exactly. The more forums you have, the more load on the server. The closer we get to moving off budget hosting. That cost $.

I am still open to adding forums on request. Just email me. adminatKymcoForumdotcom

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 04:05:14 PM »
Not exactly. The more forums you have, the more load on the server. The closer we get to moving off budget hosting. That cost $.

The Downtown traffic/threads already existed elsewhere, now they're where they're supposed
to be. Same bandwidth, costs nothing.

Thanks for adding it.. the Downtown is already the most popular Kymco in Europe.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 05:32:43 PM »
No problem Cortez

Bandwidth is cheap and irrelevant...it's unlimited on most budget accts.

Check number 9...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293441.0

Just so everyone knows, I'm not opposed to more boards. I just want to be sure people will use them so email me. Eventually they may have to be true sub categories you will need to drill down into. Just email me or PM me if you want another model added.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 05:36:20 PM by skadamo »

Jaz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 12:35:18 PM »
I'm from Belgium. We only need a motor license above 125CC.
We even don't pay road tax under 125cc.

The price difference between the 300cc and the 125cc is 2000 euro.

So, I could need a sub forum :-)

Greetings

Jan

scootinChris

• View Profile
    • Toronto Moto Scooter Club
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 01:13:56 AM »
Welcome Jan,

With so much symilariy, you're welkom to stay with us, untill there is enough traffic to warrant a split of the 125 and the 300.
Enjoy the ride.  8)
Have Fun & Ride Safe!  ATGATT

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 01:18:33 PM »
I'm from Belgium. We only need a motor license above 125CC.
We even don't pay road tax under 125cc.

The price difference between the 300cc and the 125cc is 2000 euro.

So, I could need a sub forum :-)

Greetings

Jan

Slightly off topic but is the 125i also a new engine as the 300i is? I ask as 125's have a usual performance level and the new 300 seems to have better than usual performance.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()