Author Topic: people desprate for cheap transportation  (Read 898 times)

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: people desprate for cheap transportation
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2022, 02:08:08 PM »
Yeah, we have MH issues in the family so it was an easy call.  Good there's more honesty about it now, as back in our day it was just "stiff upper lip" and crack on with only the most seriously affected confined to the "loony bin"!  Not exactly helpful.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2022, 08:43:12 PM »
Before I  decided to pretend to be a carpenter for the state of Ohio for 30yrs....I  worked in psychiatric hospitals in Massachusetts and Ohio for 16 yrs. I very much  enjoyed working with those medical professionals, and with military medical professionals as a medic.
The psych unit in Massachusetts was led by 3 very progressive psychiatrists....one of which, whom I worked closely with...
took her life. Nevertheless - those Mass coworkers were a remarkable group of people.
We took mental health days many a time to the shore - after a quick fuel-up at Dunkin Donuts of course🙂
Stig
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 08:46:36 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2022, 01:02:03 AM »
I work with people with alzheimers and yes I need my mental health days too
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2022, 01:04:34 AM »
I dont know about everyone else but since Gas prices hit an all time high I have gotten so many complements from coworkers and complete strangers on how they wish they had a scooterr.

Ha ha.  I know even the Harley guys that normally make fun of me at work, are now saying “well I guess you are the smart one.”
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2022, 08:54:30 AM »
Ha ha.  I know even the Harley guys that normally make fun of me at work, are now saying “well I guess you are the smart one.”

And so you are!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Quick-Star24

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2022, 01:13:16 PM »
LOL funny about the Lady....was she an older lady?

And Yes people are asking me about gas mileage. I would say 99% of the people on this planet have never even thought about gas mileage with motorcycles or scooters.....until now!

I really can't picture someone picking up my 450 lb. AK 550 and putting it in their truck.

But stranger things have happened for sure....

Jeff

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2022, 03:55:50 PM »
cheap transportation till they discover you spend more on tires than fuel
RandyO
IBA#9560

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2022, 05:59:06 PM »

haha!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2022, 06:38:57 PM »

You must get cheap tires. I spend more than twice on fuel compared to what I spend on tires... at least so far and especially at the current fuel prices... even though fuel prices have dropped a little since last month or the month before. And I spend about half for fuel in the bike compared with any car I own for the same miles so I go put more miles on the bike and let the car sit more often. And I consider maintenance cost a wash compared to the cars I own IF I take it in for maintenance and not do most of it myself.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2022, 06:57:00 PM »
You must get cheap tires. I spend more than twice on fuel compared to what I spend on tires... at least so far and especially at the current fuel prices... even though fuel prices have dropped a little since last month or the month before. And I spend about half for fuel in the bike compared with any car I own for the same miles so I go put more miles on the bike and let the car sit more often. And I consider maintenance cost a wash compared to the cars I own IF I take it in for maintenance and not do most of it myself.

I actually haven't got a handle on tires for my K-Pipe yet, still has original tires that suck, if I try holding speed in corners, I can feel the front wanting to wash out.  I'm hoping I spend less than my v-strom 1000, or even my old sv650, I remember spending $3500 one year just on tires, granted, 35k miles, but 10¢/mile
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()