Author Topic: Does anyone know where to buy the Givi D290KIT, for Givi 290Dt windscreen.  (Read 1339 times)

Shadowqcod

• View Profile
I live in the US and have only been able to find it online on sites that won't deliver to US.  It is the installation kit to attach this windshield to scooter:  https://giviusa.com/products/290dt-screen-blade?_pos=1&_sid=512afeb1c&_ss=r  .   

jak51

• Northeast Ohio
    • View Profile
I live in the US and have only been able to find it online on sites that won't deliver to US.  It is the installation kit to attach this windshield to scooter:  https://giviusa.com/products/290dt-screen-blade?_pos=1&_sid=512afeb1c&_ss=r  .

Not sure if this is what you're looking for:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284148887896?hash=item422897f158:g:TpkAAOSwKN5gAcZI

Good luck!  I have a Givi screen on my GV 250.  It was installed by my dealer in Cleveland - Cleveland MOTO.  Phone number is 216-795-5580.  Maybe they have an installation kit in stock.

Shadowqcod

• View Profile
That part is just the windshield, I find lots of places with the windshield but no place that has the kit to mount it.  I will definitely call Cleveland Moto, that is where we purchased our scooter also. 

Good luck!  I have a Givi screen on my GV 250.  It was installed by my dealer in Cleveland - Cleveland MOTO.  Phone number is 216-795-5580.  Maybe they have an installation kit in stock.

Shadowqcod

• View Profile
I tried Cleveland Moto, they didn't have the Givi windscreen or installation kit for it.  I did however score the luxury seat for the Grand Vista there.  Way more comfortable than stock seat.  It was there last one, probably had it there for years since they wouldn't ship it, pick up only.

jak51

• Northeast Ohio
    • View Profile
I tried Cleveland Moto, they didn't have the Givi windscreen or installation kit for it.  I did however score the luxury seat for the Grand Vista there.  Way more comfortable than stock seat.  It was there last one, probably had it there for years since they wouldn't ship it, pick up only.

I have the captain's seat on my scoot.  Yep, it is more comfortable than the stock seat.  When I bought my GV from Cleveland Moto back in 2020, it was pictured with the captain's seat.  When I went in to look at the scoot, they had switched out the seat to the stock.  I asked them where the pictured seat was, and they hemmed and hawed, and said they would switch it back "at no cost."  I told them, right, at no cost, because you advertised the scoot with the better seat.  That's the only issue I've had with them.  Other than that, they are great to work with, and the service manager knows his stuff.  Good luck looking for the bracket.  You might want to talk to the service manager - I think his name is James - and see if he has some suggestions.

Shadowqcod

• View Profile
I talked to a couple people there 2 days in a row lol.  They even physically searched their inventory when I was there, no luck.  It's weird that it's easy to find the givi windshields for sale but no kits to install.  You should take your install kit to a fabricator and have them make copies, you could make $$$$ lol.  I will probably try to find a fabricator to look at the windshield to see if they can make something that would work.

I have the captain's seat on my scoot.  Yep, it is more comfortable than the stock seat.  When I bought my GV from Cleveland Moto back in 2020, it was pictured with the captain's seat.  When I went in to look at the scoot, they had switched out the seat to the stock.  I asked them where the pictured seat was, and they hemmed and hawed, and said they would switch it back "at no cost."  I told them, right, at no cost, because you advertised the scoot with the better seat.  That's the only issue I've had with them.  Other than that, they are great to work with, and the service manager knows his stuff.  Good luck looking for the bracket.  You might want to talk to the service manager - I think his name is James - and see if he has some suggestions.

Shadowqcod

• View Profile
After scouring the globe, I was finally able to locate and buy a Givi Windshield install kit in Greece.   In my searching, I first found a Faco Windshield out of Italy for the Grand Dink/Grand Vista.   It is  also very much higher than stock windshield.  The Faco windshield arrived first with me using that one for now.  I also scored the Kymco Luxury seat while looking for windshields.   The taller windshield and luxury seat make for a way more comfortable and quite ride.  It took many hours to find these items but overall very pleased with final result.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Photos?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Shadowqcod

• View Profile
Tried attaching photos , see if it works.

Photos?

Stig

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Tried attaching photos , see if it works.
What a nice looking scooter!
And what a heck of a seat!!!

Well done, you...and thanks for post the picture!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()