Author Topic: uxv450i right tire tilted in, and noise when moving  (Read 300 times)

uxv450uxv700

• View Profile
uxv450i right tire tilted in, and noise when moving
« on: June 05, 2022, 07:33:35 PM »
 I have a 2015 uxv450i with 1824 miles, had it 3 months now. having a few problems. front right tire tilted in a lot and a noise when machine is moving. I think it's 2 seperate problems. I  hear the noise as soon as I start to apply throttle, hard to describe, would sound similar to a zip tie fastened to driveshaft.or metal on metal, like a brake pad. noise goes away as I come to stop. all brake pads are good. could it be the cvt belt  coming apart ?
 2nd problem- UTV is wandering all over the road, front right tire is tilted in excessively. I know some camber is normal. I checked for play in tie rod ends, control arms. had hub off, everything appears solid. didn't check shock absorber on that side yet. front tires are worn, ordering replacement today. is camber adjustable on uxv450i ? something is definitely not right.

kryptekman

• View Profile
Re: uxv450i right tire tilted in, and noise when moving
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 07:51:07 PM »
Purchase the Service manual online, amazon has a kindle version for 8$ I think?

anyways you can adjust the wheels straight, but i dont know how, it is in the service manual

as far as the noise, i dont know but Airshot will probably help out

airshot

• View Profile
Re: uxv450i right tire tilted in, and noise when moving
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 01:06:31 AM »
Excess tilt on the front could be a number of things....damage to upper or lower arms mabey, ....wheel bearing going bad.....could also be caused by bad tire wear pulling the front end. Once good tires are on the machine, a front end alignment will be needed for sure. Some close inspection is required to narrow it down!! VThere is no adjustment that I know of for camber adjustment, for that reason damage to the control arms is a possibility.  Severe tire wear can cause wierd issues also. Keep us posted on your findings

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()