Author Topic: Vacuum plumbing on My People 150  (Read 808 times)

lbmcconnell

• View Profile
Vacuum plumbing on My People 150
« on: May 17, 2022, 02:55:09 PM »
Well great morning all hope everyone is having a wonderful day.  I thought I would kick things of on the positive side. So my issue is that of lack of taking enough images prior to taking my Kymmie apart to rebuild the carb.  Apparently I went a little far during disassembly and disconnected some hoses and I am not sure where they go.  I know I have not posted images yet but I will when I get home tonight.  No they are note referenced in the service manual other than a drawing and "to air" means nothing to me.  So what I am hoping is that someone out there has or can take a picture of theirs as reference.  She has been un started for so long (5 years) and I really want to get her back on the street.  More tonight and thanks in advance.  Also appreciate all of the other posts here.

Cheers

Lane M

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: Vacuum plumbing on My People 150
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 04:45:25 PM »
 Welcome here in this hive, Lane M!
Pls see att link, maybe helps

https://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=31762.msg222535#msg222535
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 04:49:24 PM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

lbmcconnell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 06:09:08 PM »
Sorry the above did not help as I need the hose routing.  See below for more visualizations.  Click for full size.

Image-1" border="0

In this image are 2 of the connections I need to, well connect.  I've tried to label them all the same.  in some of the below images I thought the end labeled #1 might head out towards the airbox.

Image-2" border="0

Image-3" border="0

Image-4" border="0

Image-5" border="0

Image-6" border="0

The below reference is what was shown from the parts section.  the service manual helped with the carb but not this.  Hoping someone can tell me where they go.

Canister-1" border="0

Thanks in advance

lbmcconnell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 06:35:28 PM »
I will also work on a video to post.  I think I can do that on youtube.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 01:46:40 AM »
OK, we'll get you there!...in your first pic, #2 vents to atmosphere, it connects to nothing.

in your 2nd pic, #3 connects to #1 from your first pic.

my first pic (of my People S200, which looks very similar to yours) shows the line from the fuel tank, 2nd pic shows where this line connect to.

On my scoot the line in your first pic goes from the fuel tank forward  along the right side of the scoot frame (as you're sitting on it) and connects to your 2nd pic, #3, at the front right of the motor, closer to where the spark plug is.

the 2 lines that come off this - first one circled in yellow, goes to the a Y which connects to the intake manifold. The 2nd line, circled in red, goes under my floor board to one of those emission canisters.

kind of confusing..but hope this helps get you started.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 01:49:54 AM by Iahawk »
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 01:54:43 AM »
so it looks like we have the same basic vacuum plumbing on our scoots but it may be routed differently. Let me know if this helps and we'll keep working on getting all your unhooked lines attached.
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix

lbmcconnell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 01:34:25 PM »
okay giving that a shot, charging the battery just to make sure, then will test with some gas this weekend.  I am hoping that all the new parts , carb cleaning  will be what she needs.  It is the only thing the wife will let me ride.  Motorcycles are out of the question as is a new scooter.  Costs are too high these days.

I may think to ride her to work but that is 76 miles round trip.  Totally doable but people are destructive on the roads.  More updates soon and Thanks so much for the help on this.  Manuals mill all the obvious things.

When I am done I will try and document the plumbing after for all.

lbmcconnell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 06:53:29 PM »
I need to follow Ruffus' suggestion from another post to check all connections.  I was having a spring replaced on our garage door today and the repair man pointed at this.

I never noticed it but glad he did.  Well before I tried to start it up.

Easy fix but I would have missed this.

lbmcconnell

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 05:47:10 PM »
Battery in.  Lines checked. Gas in.

She started and ran.  When she cut out something stuck and gas was pouring out of the over flow.  Cleaned that up and bled the bowl and  tried to start with that open.  It worked and ran.  May not be the smartest thing to do but...  so turned on and off for about 20 minutes  then waited 15 minutes  to start again with success.  Will be doing that till the tank is empty.  Only put a couple cups of gas in it.  So I want her to run dry.

Now I need to trace out the turn signals as they are an issue.  Headlights  work.  Horn works. 

The fun will happen soon.

Thanks to all that assisted and for this forums posts to date.

You all helped.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2022, 05:53:53 PM »
Great to read your success🔧👍👍

lbmcconnell

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2022, 02:03:09 PM »
Well,  I spoke too soon.  Got it ready this morning to run to the gas station and no go.  I will need to replace the carb.  It is the only thing I can think of.  So that is next.

More updates soon.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2022, 07:43:40 PM »
what symptoms are you having that you think you need a whole new carb?
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix

lbmcconnell

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2022, 03:50:49 PM »
well it would catch and start on turn over when it was running.  I really do not want to tear it apart and reclean, call me lazy.  I guess I could to save the 35 bucks.  I have proven that it works. 

I think something is stuck.  I am pretty certain.  I am getting gas through it as I can see it in the drain line to check.  That is how I was able to get it started the first time.  I am just not a mechanic so I do not know.  Wish I had a g6y guy in the area.

Well I've also learned that I can take the carb out to clean it with out taking it all apart.

Boo for me. 

It's okay I will need to go review everything again and take better pics and notes.

Well Looks like I will be working on the carb for memorial day :)

More on this soon.  I guess I should review everything again.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 04:04:07 PM by lbmcconnell »

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2022, 06:45:56 PM »
@ibmcconnell, carb change is not a big deal, you could take any from aftermarked (or OEM if you are rich), should for 150 ccm not ecxeed 26-28 mm, otherwise runs too rich.
Pls see link, maybe helps

https://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=31762.msg222535#msg222535

lbmcconnell

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2022, 03:54:48 PM »
OKAY ALL,

Time for a small update.

SHE LIVES

well mostly.  There are a few things I need to work out.  One  need to crack the CVT and see the condition of the belt.  For some reason I am only hitting 35 MPH max.  That will not work at all for me.  Engine seems to be hitting Top RPM but will need to wait till I get a Tachometer.  I am truly hoping that ti is not the Carb at this time.  but if it is I will work on getting a replacement from somewhere.  NON OEM.  as I was quoted $300.00 on an OEM.  F-dat.  It say a while so I am hoping that maybe MAYBE that the belt will just need to be replaced.  OEM though, wifie does not want performance parts :(

One thing though is that while I am rolling down the street I do not know how to explain ti but the front end feels like it is slipping out as I turn.  Really weird feeling.  I've never touched the drive train, wheels, or brakes other to inspect them.  I guess that will be in another follow up.

Anyway.  Still looking for more updates on everyone elses project and will post mine as well.

Cheers

Lane

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()