Author Topic: Need help with unknown tubing  (Read 665 times)

Rickster

• View Profile
Need help with unknown tubing
« on: April 24, 2022, 06:30:22 PM »
My B&W 150 has been sitting in storage for a couple years, so I'm going thru all the steps to prep it for riding - new gas, new oil, gaskets, fuel lines, clean carb, etc. While getting ready to access the fuel lines so I can drain the fuel tank (located under the scoot), I discovered this pink tubing with one end rotted off. The opposite end lays loose in the plastic pan that protects the gas tank and is not connected to anything, so I assume that it is an overflow line of some sort. But, the rotted end (see photo) is a mystery where it connects?? Thoughts? thx.
2007 B&W 150
2010 Yager 200i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with unknown tubing
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 07:41:07 PM »
Question:
does this scooter run without this tube? Starts and runs while you are holding it in your hand?

Is there a cup of some sort near the gas cap on the top of the fuel tank?....which looks like it could have had a drain tube attached to it - to collect & carry gas away gas if one over-fills the tank?
My other guess would be the drain tube from the air filter box to drain away accumulated oil mist....also know as the 'puke tube'

The scoot would run just fine without this tube.

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Rickster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 10:54:47 PM »
Hey Stig,
thanks for the reply and suggestions. The scoot has not been running in over three years, and I dont dare try to start it with 3-yr old gasoline it in.

The gas cap is located in the front panel under the key, so that cant be it, because it's the opposite direction from the rotted end of the tube.

The rotted end of the tube was tucked under the front of the engine, so I thought your idea of the "puke tube" was a good one. After inspection of the air filter box that was not it. So, I think in a few days after I clean out the old gas and clean the carb I will have it running. And, if it runs OK, hopefully I will ride it for another 15K miles. She's a trusty steed.
Thanks again,
Rick
2007 B&W 150
2010 Yager 200i

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 12:21:13 PM »
maybe a bigger picture of the tubing showing more of it? Can you also show us exactly where the tube was found? Is the clear tube connected to a rubber tube, with a little spring connector?

Can you locate the other end of the rotted hose?

Could it be your carb drain hose? It would have run from your carb bowl down under the scoot.

Hoses should be puke tube, carb drain tube, fuel lines, vacuum lines and coolant lines..gotta be one of those?
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()