Author Topic: Kansas Kymco  (Read 991 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Kansas Kymco
« on: April 18, 2022, 02:08:46 PM »
Hey, KK! Your last post was 24 March. How you doin'?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas Kymco
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 04:43:35 PM »
on the same wavelength.. I sent KK a private message a few days ago, asking how he's doing. I haven't heard anything. His last forum activity was April 1. He normally doesn't go this long without checking in.

I'm hoping he's been rehabbing and is getting better every day. Maybe the occasional sponge bath from the student nurses? :)

I know he has a place on a lake up North...sure hope he can get up there this summer.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 04:10:27 PM »
bumping this up
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 06:01:37 PM »
We're thinking about ya' KK!
Shootin' good thoughts your way KK!

Tom
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 10:37:14 AM »
Thinking about you KK, hope all’s going well.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 02:24:14 PM »
he may have missed this thread. I PM'd KK and heard back, he's doing OK, continuing to work on the recovery. Very good to hear.
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 05:40:43 PM »
he may have missed this thread. I PM'd KK and heard back, he's doing OK, continuing to work on the recovery. Very good to hear.
Thanks for the update Hawk! Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 09:58:41 PM »
Outstanding news! KK is OK! Well, he's getting better!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 03:03:56 PM »
Sorry for not updating you.  I'm  back home from Brookdale assisted living where I spent 4 months.  I'm now enrolled in out patient therapy 3 times a week. I've  had 3 seizures of a day time and 2 of a night where I bit my tongue where it bleed and I urinated.  My life is a living hell right now . I'm still putting max effort in trying to recover. I've got a call in to the neurologist about the seizures. 

Dan's cycle has sold 8 Kymco's so far. I will probably sell all my scooters and motorcycles and in the future if I do recover to the point I can ride they'll have e new models to choose from. I've come to the realization that my balance may or may not come back to the point I can ride. Will probably go with a UTV if possible, just don't know at this point when you can't even walk.

Sorry didn't nean to sound so depressing but just trying to keep it real. I truly understand now why so many stroke victims commit suicide.  I will work hard on recovery and see what happens.  You want to hear to hear how optimistic I am? I just purchased a old manual transmission Ford truck so it depends on my left leg being functional to be able to drive it.

If worse comes to worse I can sell all my vehicles in the future if necessary.

Crossbolt the last young pretty girl to help me with a shower had prom the next week. More young pretty girls have seen me naked then ever did in high school.  I used a pole mounted to the ceiling and floor to help me in and out of bed, all the nurses called it my stripper pole. I use to joke with the nurses I was the only one to use it. They came back with the line they would see if the two male nurses would utilize it, LOL.

Will everyone take care and enjoy this nice weather with some long rides. I know I miss the ROMEO RIDES  immensely. 
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 05:23:07 PM »
Sorry for not updating you.  I'm  back home from Brookdale assisted living where I spent 4 months.  I'm now enrolled in out patient therapy 3 times a week. I've  had 3 seizures of a day time and 2 of a night where I bit my tongue where it bleed and I urinated.  My life is a living hell right now . I'm still putting max effort in trying to recover. I've got a call in to the neurologist about the seizures. 

Dan's cycle has sold 8 Kymco's so far. I will probably sell all my scooters and motorcycles and in the future if I do recover to the point I can ride they'll have e new models to choose from. I've come to the realization that my balance may or may not come back to the point I can ride. Will probably go with a UTV if possible, just don't know at this point when you can't even walk.

Sorry didn't nean to sound so depressing but just trying to keep it real. I truly understand now why so many stroke victims commit suicide.  I will work hard on recovery and see what happens.  You want to hear to hear how optimistic I am? I just purchased a old manual transmission Ford truck so it depends on my left leg being functional to be able to drive it.

If worse comes to worse I can sell all my vehicles in the future if necessary.

Crossbolt the last young pretty girl to help me with a shower had prom the next week. More young pretty girls have seen me naked then ever did in high school.  I used a pole mounted to the ceiling and floor to help me in and out of bed, all the nurses called it my stripper pole. I use to joke with the nurses I was the only one to use it. They came back with the line they would see if the two male nurses would utilize it, LOL.

Will everyone take care and enjoy this nice weather with some long rides. I know I miss the ROMEO RIDES  immensely.
Thanks for the update! I have only a hint of what you are experiencing. That hint came from trying to convince my Dad that striving to recover is the thing to do. He seemed to understand it was one of life's hurdles he told me about years previously.

That's cute about your nurse dollies and the pole! Recommend a pass on the male nurse show on the pole if you were considering....! Har, har!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2022, 09:43:48 PM »
Thanks for the update! I have only a hint of what you are experiencing. That hint came from trying to convince my Dad that striving to recover is the thing to do. He seemed to understand it was one of life's hurdles he told me about years previously.

That's cute about your nurse dollies and the pole! Recommend a pass on the male nurse show on the pole if you were considering....! Har, har!
I think the male nurse show was ment for the female nurses,  besides I'm  no longer at Brookdale.  If you add up all the challenges in life I've gone through it wouldn't equal this.

I sure have a lot more empathy for returning soldiers.  The odd thing is I have a perfectly good arm and leg , just can't get my brain to send the signals to use them. Working hard to reestablish new pathways to utilize them. I guess I'm very lucky compared to Randy Travis.

I'm very fortunate to have good friends and neighbors that are helping me through this difficult time.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 10:19:38 PM »
I pray for you KK,  I have watched my niece learn how to control her body, took her 2 years to be able to operate the joystick on her wheelchair, keep her head up straight, and speak understandably.  Alas, she had a relapse, with a DNR in place, and she passed last week
RandyO
IBA#9560

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2022, 12:19:32 AM »
I think the male nurse show was ment for the female nurses,  besides I'm  no longer at Brookdale.  If you add up all the challenges in life I've gone through it wouldn't equal this.

I sure have a lot more empathy for returning soldiers.  The odd thing is I have a perfectly good arm and leg , just can't get my brain to send the signals to use them. Working hard to reestablish new pathways to utilize them. I guess I'm very lucky compared to Randy Travis.

I'm very fortunate to have good friends and neighbors that are helping me through this difficult time.
Friends are a treasure. Randy Travis was hit hard but he could not leave the booze, could he? No such things as luck, chance, probability or "fortune," good or bad. God is either in conrol of all things or He permits satan to do his dirt. He stuffed me in a fish like Jonah, so to speak, a few years back. Brought me around to the fact there IS a God and it weren't me! While in the fish, I learned to enjoy the journey regardless of destination.
We who are His will be disciplined and tested. Up to us to figger which and make the best of it.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2022, 10:20:13 AM »
Great to hear from you again KK, only sorry it's taking you so long to develop those new neural pathways.  I wish you every good fortune in getting there and so glad to hear you're getting the love and support you need.  Do keep in touch.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2022, 02:10:02 PM »
Friends are a treasure. Randy Travis was hit hard but he could not leave the booze, could he? No such things as luck, chance, probability or "fortune," good or bad. God is either in conrol of all things or He permits satan to do his dirt. He stuffed me in a fish like Jonah, so to speak, a few years back. Brought me around to the fact there IS a God and it weren't me! While in the fish, I learned to enjoy the journey regardless of destination.
We who are His will be disciplined and tested. Up to us to figger which and make the best of it.
Crossbolt my neurologist had a hard time finding what he thought led to the stroke.  I don't do drugs and very light alcohol consumption,  they did another MRI to see if it was a tumor ( wasn't). They think it was just high blood pressure. Just dealing with the cards I have been delt.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()