Author Topic: Like 200i throttle body sensor error code  (Read 1340 times)

bxc

• View Profile
Re: Like 200i throttle body sensor error code
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2022, 03:16:36 PM »
I spoke too soon - my wife rode it for longer yesterday and said the rough idle and sputtering are gone. It seems tightening the spark plug did the trick. Previously I had used a torque wrench to tighten it to the specified torque, but this time I just did a half turn with a normal socket wrench. This must have created a more snug connection. I'm surprised that the scooter worked at all with a loose spark plug, but I'm just glad I finally fixed the problem! Thanks for all your help.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2022, 05:27:32 PM »
Good for you both!
Glad your scooter is running well for you!
It does not matter one iota that the 'fix', as described,  makes absolutely no sense🙃
I will needlessly speculate that the 'fix' is related to you snapping the sparkplug lead back on tightly this time?
Well done,  nevertheless!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ScooterKid

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2023, 08:38:17 AM »
I was reading this thread and I related to your hesitation issue/ occasional stalling and I have a little bit of scooter knowledge that helped me build my hypothesis and hopefully solution. The bike I purchased recently had been layed down reasonably hard and I have done some work to it. I got it running only after I put a new cylinder and sleeve in it because there was very little compression. Come to find out once its running it is having the same behavior as yours. Now I took the CVT case apart because it was the only thing I hadn't touched yet on this bike and lo and behold, the belt is showing signs of age and there is belt dust everywhere in that case. I have a longer overdrive belt on order now which I expect will solve the slow in the transmission on the low end and stretch out the top end. My scooter has 12k miles on it and I don't see any sign of belt maintenance before me, the cover gasket was still all there and in one piece.

Reasons for the driving behavior being the belt are as follows. The variator pulley is making zero contact with the belt due to it being too narrow, this doesn't move your clutch pulley smoothly but rather dumps a large load on the motor when the variator finally does open up a bit. Next, you have a lot of slack from a skinny belt that isn't accounted for which will ruin your top end as it can't ride up your variator effectively. Stalling or lugging while slowing down is also from the belt slack I believe because it is possible to overrun the transmission especially while going downhill and the motor isn't rotating as fast as the belt might be with the slack in the system and when it does grab eventually it is engine braking the whole scoot randomly. Hope this insight points you in a useful direction! Check the CVT if not for maintenance, then for upgrades! My goal is 80mph and 80mpg out of this thing!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2023, 11:11:43 AM »
I was reading this thread and I related to your hesitation issue/ occasional stalling and I have a little bit of scooter knowledge that helped me build my hypothesis and hopefully solution. The bike I purchased recently had been layed down reasonably hard and I have done some work to it. I got it running only after I put a new cylinder and sleeve in it because there was very little compression. Come to find out once its running it is having the same behavior as yours. Now I took the CVT case apart because it was the only thing I hadn't touched yet on this bike and lo and behold, the belt is showing signs of age and there is belt dust everywhere in that case. I have a longer overdrive belt on order now which I expect will solve the slow in the transmission on the low end and stretch out the top end. My scooter has 12k miles on it and I don't see any sign of belt maintenance before me, the cover gasket was still all there and in one piece.

Reasons for the driving behavior being the belt are as follows. The variator pulley is making zero contact with the belt due to it being too narrow, this doesn't move your clutch pulley smoothly but rather dumps a large load on the motor when the variator finally does open up a bit. Next, you have a lot of slack from a skinny belt that isn't accounted for which will ruin your top end as it can't ride up your variator effectively. Stalling or lugging while slowing down is also from the belt slack I believe because it is possible to overrun the transmission especially while going downhill and the motor isn't rotating as fast as the belt might be with the slack in the system and when it does grab eventually it is engine braking the whole scoot randomly. Hope this insight points you in a useful direction! Check the CVT if not for maintenance, then for upgrades! My goal is 80mph and 80mpg out of this thing!
Welcome to the forum!
Perhaps you missed that he solved his scooters 'hesitation " by tightening his spark plug?
You are going to use a belt longer than stock?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2023, 11:18:07 PM »
Welcome here!
Would love to see this thingy to run with a longer belt.
Pls give us a feedback!
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()