Author Topic: agility 125 model 16+ year 2020  (Read 634 times)

alon.wnr

• View Profile
agility 125 model 16+ year 2020
« on: February 21, 2022, 05:16:52 PM »
hi all i have two problems that might not be connected
1. scooter does not start immediately after turning switch on. you have to wait wait around 20 seconds and then it will start. when the scooter is warm it takes less time, maybe 5-10 seconds after turning switch on.
2. scoter is vert slow when you start the drive , seems i'm much slower than similar scooters when starting on a green light, the throttle almost doesn't react and the engine doesn't rev after a few seconds , when it reaches 15-20 mph the mid range revs are better an there is decent reaction from the throttle.
3. i've installed a new vatiator kit (belt , weights etc) but nothing has changed.
4. this scooter was bought 4 months ago and on the first day i accidently filled it up with diesel fuel (yes, i know, careless.....) i drained out the diesel , flushed the system with fuel and it started driving immediately, since then i used a couple of cans of fuel system cleaner to rinse the fuel system. i don't know if this is the cause since i've had the scooter for 10 minutes before the diesel incident

any thoughts?

thanks
alon

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: agility 125 model 16+ year 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 05:45:15 PM »
@alon.wnr, first of all welcome here in this forum,  then, could you give a little bit more information about your scoot?

How many km/mls,
 owners before,
overall condition,
why did you change your variator.
What rollers and weight you put?
What else you checked on your scoot?
And finally carburator or EFI model?

Don't think this diesel fuelling causes serious probs. Should be rinsed out already, though your injector/ carb might have suffered. There is a good chance that, you still have diesel in your fuel, if you didn't empty completly. But we will see.

To be clear, with "turning switch on" you mean pressing the start button?

A good source is
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/977591/Kymco-Agility-125.html?page=59#manual
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 07:26:54 PM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

alon.wnr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 10:30:48 AM »
@alon.wnr, first of all welcome here in this forum,  then, could you give a little bit more information about your scoot?
hi Ruffus
thank you for your swift reply,
i've answered your questions below:
How many km/mls,- 10300 km, bought it at 9700
 owners before, 1 previous owner, 60 years old
overall condition- i'd have to say good
why did you change your variator- i changed the belt and weights at 10300 km to make sure it wasn't causing the slow start, no change after replacing it, not better nor worse
What rollers and weight you put? to be honest i don't know, i bought a standard replacement kit, supposedly matching the original factory one
What else you checked on your scoot? i've replaced the air filter,  engine oil, gear oil and used a can of injectors cleaner/gas additive in the gas tank twice
And finally carburator or EFI model? EFI

Don't think this diesel fuelling causes serious probs. Should be rinsed out already, though your injector/ carb might have suffered. There is a good chance that, you still have diesel in your fuel, if you didn't empty completely. But we will see- the diesel incident happened 4 months and 600 km ago

To be clear, with "turning switch on" you mean pressing the start button? no, i turn the key, wait 20 seconds and then push the button. if i push it any Sonner when the engine is cold it wont start. when the engine is fairly warm you need to wait 5-10 seconds from turning the key to pressing the button for it to start,

A good source is
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/977591/Kymco-Agility-125.html?page=59#manual

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 11:34:29 AM »
@alon, got all that.
As from distance and symptoms I would suspect firsthand your fuel pump, which is located within your scoots fuel tank.
Either the filter or fuel lines are partially clogged
 (depends on your outside temps) or one of the fuelsystems rubber components didn't bear very well with diesel.
(Residue water in your tank and diesel in cold temps produce a pretty resisting sludge.)
As said, I would start to search there.

Then I would check all vacuum lines for leaks.

One more point I would check, is your throttle play.
Not more than 5mm on gas grip to regulate your throttle flap properly.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 11:43:27 AM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

alon.wnr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 10:52:21 AM »
Thank you Ruffus ,
i will check the things you said and report
thanks for your help

alon
@alon, got all that.
As from distance and symptoms I would suspect firsthand your fuel pump, which is located within your scoots fuel tank.
Either the filter or fuel lines are partially clogged
 (depends on your outside temps) or one of the fuelsystems rubber components didn't bear very well with diesel.
(Residue water in your tank and diesel in cold temps produce a pretty resisting sludge.)
As said, I would start to search there.

Then I would check all vacuum lines for leaks.

One more point I would check, is your throttle play.
Not more than 5mm on gas grip to regulate your throttle flap properly.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()