Author Topic: 450i shifting again  (Read 255 times)

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
450i shifting again
« on: February 16, 2022, 09:10:18 PM »
The shifting is notchy enough in temperate days, below freezing, close to zero out, I can't get it moving, as if the lockout button is frozen and can't push it all the way down, I've gone so far as tap (gently) the button with a small hammer while trying to move the lever, usually, once I go thru the gears once, I have the strength on my thumb

is there something I can spray WD40 on ?
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
Re: 450i shifting again
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 04:52:53 PM »
I wonder if snow/ ice has frozen things up?  I do know mine is stiff as hell when it is cold out, but loosens up after things get warm. I got into the habit of leaving the machine in what ever gear I will need on next startup so I dont have this issue.  I do use a dry lube spray on my shifter and linkage, and spray everything often even under the hood where the shifter comes thru. I dont like liquid lubes as they can attract dirt and crud, the dry lube doesnt. I would soray a silicone lube aroundvthe button and up from the bottom ofvthe shifter and try to get as much inside as you can.  Silicone wont hurtbthe plastic or metal and might just free things up. I do know my shifter works much better after I have sprayed everything, at least for a while!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()