Author Topic: Clock battery  (Read 539 times)

Macswinford

• View Profile
Clock battery
« on: December 21, 2021, 09:29:54 PM »
The clock is not attached to the motorcycle battery, but runs off a button battery. Another post on this forum correctly states that the battery is an LR43 (Maxwell brand). A modern replacement is a Duracell 301/386 cross referenced as SR43.

The clock is accessed after removing the front handlebar cowling and loosening the dash assembly. Be careful with the screws and tabs. So much plastic to break.

Once the rectangle underside of the clock is exposed, unscrew and remove the one screw on the right side of the panel. Pick out the panel,  rubber mat and clock mechanism. Removing 4 super tiny screws allows the back of the clock mechanism to come off and the battery is there to pick out.

I'm reviving a 2004 People 150 with 18k on it. These forums are great..
Mac
2004 People 150
2010 Honda NT700V
Retired geologist
Columbus, Ohio USA

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Clock battery
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 10:47:01 PM »
The clock is not attached to the motorcycle battery, but runs off a button battery. Another post on this forum correctly states that the battery is an LR43 (Maxwell brand). A modern replacement is a Duracell 301/386 cross referenced as SR43.

The clock is accessed after removing the front handlebar cowling and loosening the dash assembly. Be careful with the screws and tabs. So much plastic to break.

Once the rectangle underside of the clock is exposed, unscrew and remove the one screw on the right side of the panel. Pick out the panel,  rubber mat and clock mechanism. Removing 4 super tiny screws allows the back of the clock mechanism to come off and the battery is there to pick out.

I'm reviving a 2004 People 150 with 18k on it. These forums are great..
Yes, the forums are great! You are one of the maybe two people who know what you just did!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 02:40:28 AM »
Am I alone?
My 2012 LIKE200I's clock still works fine....but I've never set it properly .....and don't much refer to it.

Maybe because it is not super well lit on all my rides in the dark :)
Stig
Good writeup for those who do use their clock!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 02:42:02 AM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 09:08:56 AM »
@Stig, your clock isn't button cell nurtured like a lot others (i.g. DINK, GRAND DINK, YAGER, PEOPLE,....). Our LIKEs fortunately get their clock juice from the vehicles battery.
(pls see link)
https://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=31008.msg217425#msg217425

Changing this button cell on early models of YAGER/DINK, GRAND DINK is a real challenge and most drivers replace/add with a small digital aftermarket clock outside on the dashboard after the button cell is exhausted.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 09:15:04 AM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()