Author Topic: Windsheild  (Read 2495 times)

Kountryguy

• View Profile
Windsheild
« on: November 03, 2021, 12:58:44 AM »
My new scooter did not come with a windshield. The dealer offered one for around $100. I did not buy it, I wanted to think about it. Wondering how it would mount. Can anyone help and have any pictures?

people person

• View Profile
Re: Windsheild
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 03:58:08 AM »
In Aus they come with a screen,I took mine off,didnt like it.On you tube a bloke named Hugh Leidl shows how to remove the windscreen from a people s.Sure you will find it interesting.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 02:59:45 AM »
The price seems about right, but it won't have mounting brackets.  I've always had to fabricate my own, usually with 10mm mild steel tubing (recycled table lamps, etc). I have an attic full of old steel tubing just in case I ever buy another scooter without a windshield.

FrogToe2900

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 03:39:26 AM »
Hi, Folks:
I have bought a 2021 People S 150i and, really, need a windscreen. Seems that 2020+ years are hard to find windscreens for. I'm driving in Alabama and the bugs are killing me. especially at night.
Any advice will be appreciated.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 08:40:42 AM »
Hi, Folks:
I have bought a 2021 People S 150i and, really, need a windscreen. Seems that 2020+ years are hard to find windscreens for. I'm driving in Alabama and the bugs are killing me. especially at night.
Any advice will be appreciated.
I've always had to fabricate my own brackets from the standard parts that come with the average eBay windshield.   Most windshields come with a selection of standard brackets to work with. If you have basic metal-working tools, you can cobble something together in a few hours (see photo of my Kymco below) .Any metal fabricator can do it for you. You can find fancy windshields for Vespas and Piaggios, but never found same for a Kymco.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 10:55:48 AM »
I've always had to fabricate my own brackets from the standard parts that come with the average eBay windshield.   Most windshields come with a selection of standard brackets to work with. If you have basic metal-working tools, you can cobble something together in a few hours (see photo of my Kymco below) .Any metal fabricator can do it for you. You can find fancy windshields for Vespas and Piaggios, but never found same for a Kymco.
Nice metal work, JJ!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 12:25:30 PM »
the bugs are killing me. especially at night.

full face helmet or at least a helmet with a face shield will help
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

FrogToe2900

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 02:54:35 PM »
full face helmet or at least a helmet with a face shield will help

Using 3/4 helmet with face shield. Problems are that I have to clean tge nearly solid fuzzy carpet of dead I’ve from the shield, each time I ride (72 miles, round trip) and wash all the rest if the bugs from my jacket front.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 03:30:36 PM »

Using 3/4 helmet with face shield. Problems are that I have to clean tge nearly solid fuzzy carpet of dead I’ve from the shield, each time I ride (72 miles, round trip) and wash all the rest if the bugs from my jacket front.
Yeah - you're right. You need a wind screen. Bugs stuck all over your helmet and jacket front are not fun.
There's a bazillion screens out there.....you'll find one!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

internetzorro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2023, 06:39:29 PM »
My new S 150i came with a removable screen (brackets attached) and two covers to replace the mounting brackets when you remove the screen.  I notice most online screen products for sale include the brackets.

After I bought the scooter I was going to remove the screen and sell it, but now that the bugs are coming out I believe the advantages of having a windshield outweigh its dorky appearance and disadvantages.  I think its tall profile contributes to wind resistance, but it is much easier to clean than the helmet gear, and I can ride open face in the rain.
2023 AK 550i ABS
2022 People S 150i ABS
2006 Super 9 50

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2024, 10:08:35 AM »
I just bought a new '23 People S 150i ABS. I've been researching all aspects of this model. As far as the windshield I've discovered several facts. 1. https://www.bike-parts-kymco.uk/ has a complete listing of all the factory parts for the stock windshield. 2. There are several good videos on You Tube about cutting down the factory windshield.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2024, 10:05:17 PM »
There are several good videos on You Tube about cutting down the factory windshield.
If you're hitting bugs, don't cut down your windshield!  You'll be back where you started!  You'll also be out the $500 cost of a decent windshield.
Also, FWIW, windshields don't increase drag, they just deflect rain and bugs.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()