Author Topic: Real world info request for 2019+ People S150  (Read 617 times)

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
Real world info request for 2019+ People S150
« on: October 21, 2021, 04:28:02 AM »
Hi folks,
I'm in the market for a new light bike, & as you can surmise the new (in the U.S.) People S150i is on the short list.
I've looked it over, but haven't had a chance to test ride one yet for a couple reasons, but liked what I saw.
Since this has been out for at least a couple years in Europe I'm curious regarding a few things if ya can spare a minute.

- Real World Fuel Economy. 
- Top cruising speed, preferably after break in.  KPH or MPH is great I can convert.
- Ease of maintenance.
- Ride quality.

Any help's appreciated.
Thanks
Tromper
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

people person

• View Profile
Re: Real world info request for 2019+ People S150
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 06:33:03 AM »
Hi Tromper,I bought one in August, second hand off a fella who because of illness ,couldn't ride it.It had 1 km on the speedo.I did the 1000k service myself(pretty simple) because the nearest Kymco dealer(where the bike was originally purchased from)is 150ks away.The 2year warranty will be up in January so I will do the services anyway.The engine oil should be changed every 2,000ks and the diff oil every 4000ks.Ride quality is good on smooth roads but rough on poor roads.It will happily sit on around 90 -95kph.Ive now done 1400ks and its freeing up a bit, I've had it to bout 105 but it sounds busy.I don't know what the fuel economy is like,it doesnt use much,I just put it in when I need to.I don't go to servos for fuel, I keep a 10ltr jerry can at home and fill up there.In Australia the bike comes with a screen and a top box,I took my screen off,didnt like it. hope this helps.Overall i'm happy with the scooter.Im 75 and been riding for about 45 years but got crook hips and shoulders so needed a scooter with a flat floor.The book says to use fuel with RON92 or above,nothing about ethanol blends,which I found unusual.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 04:11:33 PM »
Hi Tromper,I bought one in August, second hand off a fella who because of illness ,couldn't ride it.It had 1 km on the speedo.I did the 1000k service myself(pretty simple) because the nearest Kymco dealer(where the bike was originally purchased from)is 150ks away.The 2year warranty will be up in January so I will do the services anyway.The engine oil should be changed every 2,000ks and the diff oil every 4000ks.Ride quality is good on smooth roads but rough on poor roads.It will happily sit on around 90 -95kph.Ive now done 1400ks and its freeing up a bit, I've had it to bout 105 but it sounds busy.I don't know what the fuel economy is like,it doesnt use much,I just put it in when I need to.I don't go to servos for fuel, I keep a 10ltr jerry can at home and fill up there.In Australia the bike comes with a screen and a top box,I took my screen off,didnt like it. hope this helps.Overall i'm happy with the scooter.Im 75 and been riding for about 45 years but got crook hips and shoulders so needed a scooter with a flat floor.The book says to use fuel with RON92 or above,nothing about ethanol blends,which I found unusual.
Welcome to the forum and your "new" scooter!
Everyone is confused by the fuel requirements as posted by Kymco. There may be a sticker in the seat tub that will say 87 R+M/2 is good to use. Several on here have had/have several Kymco models and have faced the same issue. These same several to many owners have used US 87 octane with no problems related to fuel.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 06:58:58 AM »
Thanks People,

That's a thoughtful review.
92 RON would be ~87 AKI (Anti-Knock Index, what we use in the U.S.).  Very good to know since that's our "standard" level. 
This basically matches my old Kymco, which ran fine on 87 AKI except once in ~100F/~38C running WOT at one point.  Was getting some ping so had to back it down, & added some high test at the next fuel up.

The speeds ya mention kinda match what I was guessing off the spec sheet.  I'd hear some reports of ~70mph/~112 KPH, but those have been tough to track down first hand reports of.

75 & riding.  I hope I'm in that good of shape when/if I get that far into it.

Keep the rubber to the road!

Tromper

« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 06:48:41 PM by Tromper »
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()