Author Topic: TTFN? (well, maybe not!)  (Read 1108 times)

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
TTFN? (well, maybe not!)
« on: October 08, 2021, 02:36:27 PM »
Well to all on the Kymco Forum I must bid a fond au revoir, as I am soon to defect from the marque.  One or two of you may have gathered that I was getting itchy for a change of scoot and whilst I did consider the Xciting 400 for a while, the drab matt colours available here in the UK did nothing to entice me in.  So this morning I had a close look at the Suzuki Burgervan 400 and did the deal this afternoon!  The clincher for me was the fact that this dealership agreed to take my X-Town in part exchange for a very fair price.  None of the other 3 dealerships I spoke to were even prepared to offer a price on a Kymco.  Such a blinkered approach to the make. 

I've been completely satisfied with my time on the 300 and will be genuinely sad to see it go, but unlike KK I don't have room for an ever-increasing stable of scooters!

If you'll have me, I do intend to carry on dropping into the Forum to see what y'all are up to and to get my fix of Stig's tales, Klav's photos and Crossbolt's irritable diatribes against poor service wherever he finds it.  Until then, as one of our old DJ's used to sign off with, TTFN*

* TTFN?  Ta ta for now!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 01:11:32 PM by Neil955i »
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
Re: TTFN?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 02:52:37 PM »
I cannot say "sad to see you go" since I'm still not kicked off this forum YET and I still have my Burgman 650. Don't be too much of a stranger.

But also still looking for that buyer for it so I can update to the AK 550.   ;D
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 02:55:37 PM »
Good luck with that sale Bob!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 03:38:42 PM »
@Neil, good we walked a while the same road.
Hope we'll hear from you and get last "Burgervan" updates.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 06:55:46 PM »
Congrats on the new Bergman 400. I consider you a friend and hope you come back to the forum with updates on the Berg.  I have a 400 Berg and the Majesty but did not join their forum yet.  I joined this forum to find out how to access and fix a clock in a People 150 and stayed on.  I have lived vicariously through the  pictures you and others have sent of their countries and look forward to seeing more pictures of trips on your Berg.  Safe travels.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 08:06:37 PM »
Well to all on the Kymco Forum I must bid a fond au revoir, as I am soon to defect from the marque.  One or two of you may have gathered that I was getting itchy for a change of scoot and whilst I did consider the Xciting 400 for a while, the drab matt colours available here in the UK did nothing to entice me in.  So this morning I had a close look at the Suzuki Burgervan 400 and did the deal this afternoon!  The clincher for me was the fact that this dealership agreed to take my X-Town in part exchange for a very fair price.  None of the other 3 dealerships I spoke to were even prepared to offer a price on a Kymco.  Such a blinkered approach to the make. 

I've been completely satisfied with my time on the 300 and will be genuinely sad to see it go, but unlike KK I don't have room for an ever-increasing stable of scooters!

If you'll have me, I do intend to carry on dropping into the Forum to see what y'all are up to and to get my fix of Stig's tales, Klav's photos and Crossbolt's irritable diatribes against poor service wherever he finds it.  Until then, as one of our old DJ's used to sign off with, TTFN*

* TTFN?  Ta ta for now!
OK, I want to hear all about this Burgman 400 !!....which apparently is NOT in a matte finish??!
What year, color pix please, miles, price?
It may be the only one that has not had the flowing lines spoiled.
I thought mine was a very handsome lump of a bike - smooth as a Buick/and weighed like one - just wished for a gloss finish.

I'll warn you, Burgmanusa.com is full of a bunch of guys who'll make our ol' grumpy John G. seem like a fairy princess!

Stig :)

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 10:43:02 PM »
Neil - what does the brand of scooter you ride have to do with anything!? We don't care what you ride, here, you know that! We just love all things 2 wheeled. Don't be a stranger...and like the others said, keep coming back and sharing stories and pics with us.

2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 12:22:59 AM »
Well, all bugger! You up an' hightail on a Burgy 400 limozine and expect a welcome BACK?! You bet! I wanna hear your story on the oil level sight glass antics! Don't forget: 'twas the Burgman crowd that got me on a car tire for the rear! Same size wheel! Only it is more miserable to remove the Burgy rear, I am told....!

You should really enjoy that rig, Neil. They screwed up by not continuing that model. See you soon, dear friend!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 12:29:58 AM »
So who is this John G? Don't know him. And what is wrong with a Matte finish? Kinda like to know about that one since I'm looking at a Matte Silver Crystal AK 550 (most likely)... If I can't find a Matte Deep Blue one nearby (not so likely).

I'M on the BurgmanUSA.com forum. Is there a problem with me? Don't answer that one.  :o

I actually know a bunch of the guys over there and they seem OK to me. Be sure to read any posts by MikeyMarine.  ;)

Well, unless my Burgman 650 sells I'll be hanging onto it and continue to ride it. I really don't HAVE to replace it with another scooter but just want to. I still like my Burgman, but I think I might like the AK too. Would like to give it a chance in my garage.

Oh, and I don't know about the Burgman 400 but I have removed the Burgman 650 rear wheel for tire changes. Not so bad IMO. Hardest part is getting the rear brake caliper off the disk after much wiggling and sliding around. Not really hard but just takes a bit of time.
It's the Burgman 650 I wish they continued past 2018. There is a Burgman 400 for 2022. Is that the model year you bought Neil?
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 12:36:17 AM »
Good luck with that sale Bob!
   you will love the Burgvan 400 as I have ,.  mine is a 2004 29,000 Km,. new to me,.  now 32,000 Km,. love to hear from you on your riding fun,.  de dee

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2021, 08:54:47 AM »
@Neil, good we walked a while the same road.
Hope we'll hear from you and get last "Burgervan" updates.

Thanks @Ruffus and as for the new scooter updates, you can rely on that.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2021, 08:57:20 AM »
Congrats on the new Bergman 400. I consider you a friend and hope you come back to the forum with updates on the Berg.  I have a 400 Berg and the Majesty but did not join their forum yet.  I joined this forum to find out how to access and fix a clock in a People 150 and stayed on.  I have lived vicariously through the  pictures you and others have sent of their countries and look forward to seeing more pictures of trips on your Berg.  Safe travels.

Many thanks KK and be sure it’d be too much of a wrench to leave entirely. I’m not really a forum type, but something about this one has me hooked. I think you’ll all know what I mean.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2021, 09:03:41 AM »
Thanks Stig and you’d better believe that your positive review of your Berg was a factor in my final choice! I’ll give you all the full monty on the scooter once I have it, don’t want to jinx anything!  I will just say I tried for a 2020 used  one but fate conspired to force me to take a new 2021 model... Hey ho.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2021, 09:04:59 AM »
Neil - what does the brand of scooter you ride have to do with anything!? We don't care what you ride, here, you know that! We just love all things 2 wheeled. Don't be a stranger...and like the others said, keep coming back and sharing stories and pics with us.

Yeah, I’d sort of assumed that Hawk, so don’t worry I’ll be back to bore you all about the Berg.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2021, 09:34:13 AM »
@Neil, poor you HAD to take a 2021 model👍😅
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()