Author Topic: 50cc Scooters  (Read 940 times)

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: 50cc Scooters
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2021, 09:43:16 AM »
@Kk, just go for it!
Since we are old "mature" of age, it's time to let go a little.
Best of all wifes told me several times too, to spend ... but can't out of my skin too.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:46:48 AM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2021, 10:57:24 AM »
Klav one of my dream trips is to head to Alaska with the RV and scooter.

Getting an RV and traveling the country is one of my dreams but I don't know if that will happen.  A friend does the second best thing.  He travels with his camping gear and bike in his truck.  He recently traveled to Alaska this way and did an outstanding ride report:  https://advrider.com/f/threads/adventure-monkey%E2%80%99s-2021-alaskan-holiday.1520368/
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 07:49:34 PM »
@klav, thanks.
 AND if you you have only a morsel of chance, do it. With age other things coming across, like surgeries, rehab, etc. Don't procrestinate if possible.

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 08:37:21 PM »
I may not be able to get an RV. I also may not be able to travel all over the country.

So my "RV" is my tent (which I can still get down on the self inflating pad and sleep on the ground and get up from the ground in the morning, though sometimes I have to roll onto my knees to do it). I can pack it all on my bike including my camp stove/kitchen and food. And I enjoy riding to many different places not too far away. Usually I go about 5+ hours out on way, but sometimes I go 2 days travel away. I often stay out for 5-7 days before I have to come home again.

Grandkids takes some of my time I need to be at home for as does the ever expanding honey-do list. (just finished painting a wall in the lower level here at home).
How did I ever have time to work before I retired?  ::)
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2021, 08:45:09 PM »

.... my "RV" is my tent (which I can still get down ....
How did I ever have time to work before I retired?  ::)
@rjs, this is great to be the master of your time on scoot.
And yes, I do think the same, when did I have...

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2021, 09:46:57 PM »
@klav, thanks.
 AND if you you have only a morsel of chance, do it. With age other things coming across, like surgeries, rehab, etc. Don't procrestinate if possible.

I get what you are saying.  It's really comes down to priorities.  I am getting older and can't do some of the things I could when I was younger.  I wanted to do some things before I got too old so I retired early at the age of 61.  This gave me more time to do a lot of things I couldn't have if I continued to work.  It also meant I wouldn't be in the position financially to buy some things I wanted to buy.  I chose time over money.  I have used that time to do a lot of fantastic riding.  As much as I'd like to get an RV, my priority lies in riding. 

I really want to do some more riding out west.  That's high on my list for next year.  I just have to decide where, when and which bike.  If I was rich I'd buy an RV and big trailer and just haul several bikes out west and spend a couple of month's riding.  Maybe I need to buy a lottery ticket :)
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2021, 10:28:37 PM »
      When my Harley got too heavy for me, I bought my first scooter. It was a People 150. It was a great little scooter, but with a top end around 55, the Interstates were suicide. I now have a X-Town 300, and can cruise at 70 or 75 to keep up with traffic. Here where I live, cruising 35mph (with a 50cc scooter) on the back roads would be very enjoyable. Unfortunately, I probably would get run over before I ever got there.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable.

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2021, 07:25:27 AM »
One good benefit for 50 cc scooter in Finland is ability to use bus lanes. Wondering, how many road users know that it is simply legal. Well thats another story.
Yesterday I was driving from Helsinki, capital of Finland, west to east and back, one hour per side. On my way back it started a bit traffic, and bus lanes helped also mentally.
When leaving home, this time it took 13 minutes for the first danger situation, when car starts to move forward on his red light and I am crossing green light among others. Luckily, had a free lane to move suddenly to, maybe I was given space from someone who read the situation well quick.
Seeking used Kymco moped scooter

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2021, 10:31:16 AM »
@Like50, good to read you're on the road again.
So, did you/shop fix your scoot up after this accident?
Did you get all your expenses paid?

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2021, 08:50:22 PM »
Moving forward little by little. One month now from crash. Garage is making estimation to injurance company this week, pics taken monday trip, thats fair enough. They will pay. Helmet I have asked, no reply yet. Its a must for me, simple as that.
 Seems, that spare part are hard to find, due covid19 etc. blaa blaa.
Everything good, no rush, I will update for the original story side, when something happends.
I originally thought, this whole case lasts like two-three weeks and then done, but no, we speak now like oneandhalf - three? months, when this is not your basic daily job.
 Thanks, cheers
Seeking used Kymco moped scooter

CelticKnyt

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2021, 03:49:33 PM »
We bought our moped because my son turned 15 and he can drive a moped with ?50cc with just a learners permit, but in a car he would need to have another 21 year old driver with him in the front seat. At 16 years old he will probably want to ditch it and get a car, since that is when he can drive without an adult co-driver.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2021, 05:07:22 PM »
I wanted to do some things before I got too old so I retired early at the age of 61.  This gave me more time to do a lot of things I couldn't have if I continued to work. 

Klav, a man after my own heart for when all's said and done, no amount of money can buy you time!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()