Author Topic: Can someone give some more info on how the de-restriction mods work  (Read 725 times)

martinhedges

• View Profile
I have an Agility 50 which is de-restricted and I am wanting to re-restrict it, and I wondered if someone can give come more information on the mod which de-restrict it so I know what I am working back from.

I understand that you put heavier weights in the variator so it moves the pulley plate further in and therefore effectively increases the gearing but can you tell me what the stock weigh for the rollers for the 30mph restricted bike is?

Also, I understand that the upgrade kits have a different drive roller.  How does it differ from the standard one?  Does the standard one have a design which prevents the pulley plates from coming too close together which isnt on the upgraded one, such as a step in the outside diameter?

FInally, I understand that a mod to the ECU is supposed to help.  How much difference does that actually make.

Are there any other changes?

Thanks

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
Seeking used Kymco moped scooter

eamartin

• View Profile
Re: Can someone give some more info on how the de-restriction mods work
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 08:39:51 PM »
Have you looked at the ECU to see if it is original?  Have you removed the CVT cover to see if changes have been made there (variator, springs, weights, drive boss, etc.) ?   Has the carb been replaced? 

martinhedges

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 09:08:08 PM »
Have you looked at the ECU to see if it is original?  Have you removed the CVT cover to see if changes have been made there (variator, springs, weights, drive boss, etc.) ?   Has the carb been replaced?

I have removed the left side cover which has clearly been off before as it has an incorrect seal on it rather than a gasket.  I havent taken the variator off yet but how can I tell if the variator, springs, weights, drive boss etc have been changed?  That is what I really need to know - what parts are likely to have been changed to get it to do 45mph.

IN the end I am not necessarily wanting to get it back to exactly 30 mph but something around 35 or lower would be good.

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 10:48:23 PM »
I suggest you post photos of the CVT without the cover.  Also, maybe a photo of the ECU.  And the carburetor

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()