Author Topic: Bought a Bet&Win 150  (Read 1337 times)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Bought a Bet&Win 150
« on: September 11, 2021, 08:22:58 AM »
Out of curiosity I bought a Bet&Win 150. This was the only 150 imported into the US with water cooling.  I will pick it up Sunday.  This was also one of the first  touring models Kymco imported.

Seen this thread was last used over a year ago. Anyone else still own a Bet&Win?
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: Bought a Bet&Win 150
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 08:59:02 AM »
@Kk, might be the same motor setup as on my Grand Dink 150 here in Italy. Got some experience on it already. If you need pics, just tell.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 03:03:30 PM »
Well the deal fell through so no Bet&Win.  I guess I Bet&lost.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 12:55:10 PM »
Received a  text from the person with the B&W and he bought a Majesty and decided to sell the B&W 150. Out of curiosity I will purchase it on the way home from Ely.  So eventually I did Bet&Win.  To my knowledge this was the only water cooled  150cc scooter imported to the USA.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 12:17:42 AM »
KK is going to have the most complete lineup of used Kymcos in the country! What a collection! Can't wait to see pics of the new scoot.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 01:46:14 PM »
What's a "touring model"?

(as an old VW nut - I see no reason for dealing with the agro of water cooling.....you want 10% more HP?, skip the water add 15% more cc's   :)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 02:02:51 PM »
@Stig, all you say about plusses of aircooled motors has its reason. But on the other side, smoother revving, less noisy, a little bit more performance, less emissions, simply a step forward in automotive developement is to be seen and recognized too. EFI and aircooled, our LIKES, wonderful setup and easy to maintain. Grand Vista/Dink in its 150/250 version with carbs has still its place. I think for me/us oldtimers will the aera of gasmachines still be an issue, though our younger ones might belittle us a bit and smile at our effords.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2021, 02:44:58 PM »

(as an old VW nut - I see no reason for dealing with the agro of water cooling.....you want 10% more HP?, skip the water add 15% more cc's   :)
Stig
Try  purchasing a air cooled VW today or any car for that matter.  Even Tesla has liquid cooled batteries.  I own 4 air cooled small  scooters,  2 large wheel Kymco 150cc Super 8's, 1 Lambretta 150cc Uno ,  1 Piaggio 50cc .

I prefer Liquid cooled machine's for longevity and the reasons Ruffus has given.  To my knowledge  the only water cooled 150cc scooter Kymco imported into the USA was the Bet&Win 150cc. The Bet&Win series was replaced with the Grandvista  series.  The  Grandvista was replaced by the Xicitings.  These were built as touring scooters.

Stig for the type of riding you do the air cooled machine's are a perfect fit.  I will keep the small air cooled scooter's  in Ely for friends and family to use.  They are a perfect scooter for around town and morning runs for coffee.

If you make it up to Ely you would be more then welcome to use one of them.  The only rule is I require a helmet, gloves,  long pants,  and proper footware. I will probably purchase a couple of the Agility scooter's for people to learn to ride on.  I even offer to pay for a motorcycle safety course for friends & family  if they are interested .
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 02:59:17 PM by Kansas kymco »

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 02:51:18 PM »

Stig
A touring model tends to have a longer wheelbase to make it more stable at highway speeds.  A shorter scooter tends to be more maneuverable at slow speeds.  The People series fills that role in my collection.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 01:43:20 PM »
posting pics from Kansas Kymco of his new B&W 150-

2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2021, 07:11:01 PM »
@thanks hawk,
@Kk, I'm green of envy😊
Looks pristine out of the shop...

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2021, 10:34:18 PM »
Ruffus does it look the same as your Xiciting 150? It has some road rash on the other side so not pristine .  Still in very good shape.  It feels like a miniature  Grandvista. The guy that owned it has two People S 250's at his place in Texas and a 300 Downtown  In Wisconsin.  We visited for over a hour when I picked up the scooter.  The similarities between us were uncanny.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 10:42:35 PM by Kansas kymco »

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2021, 10:32:59 AM »
@Kk, yes we are a little different,  we "mature" guys.
But that's the beauty of retirement. To choose, to pick, to be the master of your time after a life of appointments, airports, driving, running ....

Your scoot looks marvelous to me. My Grand Dink/Vista 150 was in pretty bad shape when I got it.
Improved already a little, especially mechanically.
For me it"s more the challenge to get them on the road again, when previous owners say everbody tried already....everything.
To compare pls see pic of yours and mine.

btw, one of my LIKEs 200i went back, after being refurbished by me, yesterday, to its new owner to Italys south again by truck.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2021, 11:06:45 AM »
Try  purchasing a air cooled VW today or any car for that matter.  Even Tesla has liquid cooled batteries.  I own 4 air cooled small  scooters,  2 large wheel Kymco 150cc Super 8's, 1 Lambretta 150cc Uno ,  1 Piaggio 50cc .

I prefer Liquid cooled machine's for longevity and the reasons Ruffus has given.  To my knowledge  the only water cooled 150cc scooter Kymco imported into the USA was the Bet&Win 150cc. The Bet&Win series was replaced with the Grandvista  series.  The  Grandvista was replaced by the Xicitings.  These were built as touring scooters.

Stig for the type of riding you do the air cooled machine's are a perfect fit.  I will keep the small air cooled scooter's  in Ely for friends and family to use.  They are a perfect scooter for around town and morning runs for coffee.

If you make it up to Ely you would be more then welcome to use one of them.  The only rule is I require a helmet, gloves,  long pants,  and proper footware. I will probably purchase a couple of the Agility scooter's for people to learn to ride on.  I even offer to pay for a motorcycle safety course for friends & family  if they are interested .

Very pretty scooter there KK!
The correct color for all scooters!
Just need to lose that great lump of a rear case! (with your motorpool - if you need to carry something you can grab a different scooter. This BW deserves it's lines be untroubled by that industrial tool carton! :)
Our resident Member/Mechanic rode one of these - I think it was the same color. He was hit, or he hit (I forget which) a car in a bridge in San Francisco....Didn't hear much from him afterwards.
Anyway, nice addition to the fleet.
stig
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 03:29:12 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2021, 12:47:34 PM »
yes, another very nice looking scooter for Kansas Kymco's fleet!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()