Author Topic: What's going on with ATV riders in Providence, R.I.!!  (Read 454 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
What's going on with ATV riders in Providence, R.I.!!
« on: August 06, 2021, 01:09:08 PM »
Roving bands of ATV and dirt bike riders terrorizing neighborhoods and drivers.
Reminds me of the scooter/punk bandits in London.

I guess even louts can learn to ride....

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on with ATV riders in Providence, R.I.!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 02:31:19 PM »
I grew up in RI, 10 miles north of Providence. We never had anything like that when I lived there, but not surprised, as the state seems to be going downhill due to many years of poor leadership. Will leave it at that, as do not want to get into politics here.

Living in a rural area, I can understand how police have a hard time enforcing illegal ATV/dirt bike riding, as you can easily get off the roads onto a backwoods trail in these parts. If the police officer is in a cruiser, it's pretty much impossible for he/she to pursue off road, so the likelihood of getting away is high.

In a city, however, I find it hard to believe that a gang of people on ATV/dirt bike could not be apprehended. Police could simply cordon off a given area when they are spotted and tighten the circle until said riders (or their vehicles) are apprehended.
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 10:30:15 PM »
 It happens a lot in major cities. Here they will stop traffic on a freeway with cars or motorcycles and do donuts in all lanes. They are mostly thugs trying to get a rise out of people. There is no penalties for things like that anymore here.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 12:40:19 AM »
Kids are acting like idiots. The police have been taking these ATVs and smashing them up when they are caught. Technically, they are illegal in RI, but these punk-ass kids think they can get away with it. Its disgusting what they did to that woman, with her 8 year old in the car while they beat her. Maybe its time to bring back corporal punishment for some of these kids, yet you can thank the ACLU for coddling them. I keep pepper spray in my front seat just in case they want to try and harass me in my Ford Silverado...

Dean
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'18 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 02:11:38 AM »
Kids are acting like idiots. The police have been taking these ATVs and smashing them up when they are caught. Technically, they are illegal in RI, but these punk-ass kids think they can get away with it. Its disgusting what they did to that woman, with her 8 year old in the car while they beat her. Maybe its time to bring back corporal punishment for some of these kids, yet you can thank the ACLU for coddling them. I keep pepper spray in my front seat just in case they want to try and harass me in my Ford Silverado...

Dean

Ford Silverado???
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 11:11:44 AM »
Ford Silverado???
Great truck!
But not quite up to my Chevy F-150

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()