Author Topic: What’s causing this loud noise?  (Read 421 times)

Keoki71

• View Profile
What’s causing this loud noise?
« on: June 16, 2021, 09:42:50 AM »
I finally got my kymco agility 50cc running and installed a 80cc bore kit whole new top end, it has somewhat a hard time starting, but it ran a good 3-4 mins and starts to bog out while in idle, and making this loud noise , idk we’re it’s coming from. I posted a video, hope my kymco family help me out thanks a bunch!

https://youtube.com/shorts/S9Nnxm3ruWM?feature=share

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: What’s causing this loud noise?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 10:03:20 AM »
I finally got my kymco agility 50cc running and installed a 80cc bore kit whole new top end, it has somewhat a hard time starting, but it ran a good 3-4 mins and starts to bog out while in idle, and making this loud noise , idk we’re it’s coming from. I posted a video, hope my kymco family help me out thanks a bunch!

https://youtube.com/shorts/S9Nnxm3ruWM?feature=share
Did you check or set the piston ring end gap BEFORE you put the cylinder on the engine?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Keoki71

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 06:10:33 AM »
Did you check or set the piston ring end gap BEFORE you put the cylinder on the engine?

I did, but it might had moved while I was putting the piston in the cylinder. Might go check on that and I’ll let u know

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 10:40:11 AM »
I did, but it might had moved while I was putting the piston in the cylinder. Might go check on that and I’ll let u know
Your reply indicates either you have no idea what piston ring end gap is or I am not understanding what you said.

End gap is the GAP or open space of the piston ring when in the cylinder. It can be made larger (if required) by grinding off the end(s). It is checked by putting the ring into the cyclinder by itself an measuring with a feeler gage.

The biggest mistake is people (including me) assuming this gap is set in every new piston ring.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 03:29:21 PM »
check the driven pulley for grease, Ive heard that noise too,  totaly dry  and sounds like it is from the variator my new one is ordered,.   

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()