Author Topic: Back to Kymco  (Read 1083 times)

docjones

• View Profile
Back to Kymco
« on: May 31, 2021, 12:30:17 PM »
Hello all. I joined this site in 2010 when my wife and I got Agility 125s. Those were really great scooters. After that we got a pair of Honda Refexes and would ride those all the way to North Carolina and back. Now we do the same on Honda Silverwings. I want something smaller to kick around the neighborhood and short trips to the store. I checked out a really nice 09 Super 8 150 yesterday and have just two question, I think. Does the odometer read in MPH and are body parts readily available? Looking forward to getting back in to this group. Thanks.  Tom
09 Agility 125

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Back to Kymco
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 02:10:45 PM »
Welcome back! Great progression on the scoots!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

docjones

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 05:13:52 PM »
I may have answered one of my own questions. I found Solano Cycles parts for Kymco.  Looking up something as simple as the air filter/air cleaner the part is shown but no price.  Now on a Honda web site if there isn't a price the part is NLA.  Anyone know what gives?  Same for front brake lever.  Two parts I know I will need.  Thanks again, Tom
09 Agility 125

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 05:58:33 PM »
I went out and looked at my Super 8 and it looks like the odometer is in miles since MPH is on top and KPH is on bottom (assumption ).  The brake levers are generic and can be bought off ebay.  Take the old one off and compare it to whats sold. The air filter I would call and ask  Solano cycle or your nearest Kymco dealer.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 06:06:48 PM by Kansas kymco »
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

docjones

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 04:01:24 PM »
Thanks KK.  After looking at other post about parts I found kymcoonline.com.  They seem to have all the parts listed with prices.  I hope that means that they are available.  I will be sure to complain if they are not.
09 Agility 125

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 09:56:55 PM »
a lot of us will look up parts online and then go to our local dealers to order. My local guy gets anything i want (Kymco) in about a week to 10 days. Prices tend to be a bit higher than online but I know I'm helping my local dealer so I don't mind a small upcharge.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 02:06:44 PM »
a lot of us will look up parts online and then go to our local dealers to order. My local guy gets anything i want (Kymco) in about a week to 10 days. Prices tend to be a bit higher than online but I know I'm helping my local dealer so I don't mind a small upcharge.
I was surprised my dealer is actually cheaper then on line for parts and tires. I'm with you on patronizing my local dealer.  Last winter I had him do major service on half a dozen scooters, new tires and flush all the fliuds.

In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()