Author Topic: Brake lever upgrade  (Read 725 times)

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
Brake lever upgrade
« on: May 29, 2021, 05:32:58 AM »
Hello everyone and happy memorial day!!

In the near future im looking to upgrade my brake levers but cannot find any that fit. Anybody have experence with installing aftermarket brake levers on scoot?

Iv got my eyes on these but I highly doubt they will fit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KYVHBFW/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_9WDD6J6J05EWWYYPC74D
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Brake lever upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 10:50:22 AM »
You need to be careful that you don't order a brake and a clutch lever. Skip amazon. .
Go to ebay..."adjustable scooter brake levers"
You need two "brake" levers.
Several Asian ebay sellers offer brake levers for scooters. You need the dimensions of your lever, and a careful  study of the lever you're looking to buy.
Alternatively,  try contacting the seller with your year and model scooter. We've purchased a few pair of these adjustable levers from Asia - with good results.
If you're not careful....you'll buy a front brake lever and a left clutch lever.
Paid as much as $120 for a set (Japanese make) and as little as  $25 for Chinese.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
Re: Brake lever upgrade
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 07:58:41 PM »
You need to be careful that you don't order a brake and a clutch lever. Skip amazon. .
Go to ebay..."adjustable scooter brake levers"
You need two "brake" levers.
Several Asian ebay sellers offer brake levers for scooters. You need the dimensions of your lever, and a careful  study of the lever you're looking to buy.
Alternatively,  try contacting the seller with your year and model scooter. We've purchased a few pair of these adjustable levers from Asia - with good results.
If you're not careful....you'll buy a front brake lever and a left clutch lever.
Paid as much as $120 for a set (Japanese make) and as little as  $25 for Chinese.
Stig

Stig:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173408378382?fits=Year%3A2009%7CModel%3AAgility%7CSubmodel%3A125%7CMake%3AKYMCO&hash=item285ff1de0e:g:YmEAAOSwmS1bOe-J
Would something like this work?
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()