Author Topic: Looking for a Kymco Filly 50  (Read 1331 times)

dehnavid

• View Profile
Looking for a Kymco Filly 50
« on: May 28, 2021, 04:23:03 PM »
Hey people. My first two wheeled vehicle I ever got was a Filly 50 with no paperwork, from my neighbor after I asked for it at about 15 years old. I rode that thing like crazy and I was immediately addicted to two wheels. A couple years later I got my first real motorcycle, and my dad made me get rid of the scoot for reasons I still don't understand (not enough space even though there was plenty, we had something bigger now so don't need a 50cc, etc.). I am now in a position where I can again reasonably get another bike without any compromise, but the thing is I can't find one. Not even one.

I don't wanna say I am desperate, but man I really miss that Filly 50 and want another. I am located in Central New Jersey, if anyone has one or knows of one for sale in basically a 100 mile radius of NYC, please hit me up, it would mean the world. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 04:27:34 PM by dehnavid »

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Kymco Filly 50
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 08:43:05 AM »
I search Kymco scooters on cycle trader and craigslist and never heard of that model.  You might check out some of the newer models with the style you want or SYM, Genuine scooter company,  Piaggio  to get the style you desire.  Retro is in style with a lot of scooters mfg.

I know some times people long for something they had in the past but it might not be the same in today's world. A lot of the nostalgia is the good time memories you had with the scooter .  A 50cc scooter is pretty anemic in today's world and would at a minimum get a 125cc or larger. I would also only get a Taiwanese or Italian brand and avoid cheap Chinese scooters if you plan on keeping it for any length of time if budget is a concern.

Goodluck with finding what you want and works best for you
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

dehnavid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 09:57:56 PM »
I search Kymco scooters on cycle trader and craigslist and never heard of that model; people long for something they had in the past but it might not be the same in today's world. A lot of the nostalgia is the good time memories you had with the scooter. A 50cc scooter is pretty anemic in today's world

Yeah, the Filly 50 was only sold in the US from 2001 to 05, plus they didn't sell a ton of them so im not surprised you havent seen or heard of it. and while i do recognize a 50cc 4 stroke isn't the fastest thing around (i'm a moped guy and i know you dont really break speed limits on these things), it really is the memories and nostalgia that is pulling me back to it. the Filly was fuel efficient, quiet, sturdy and reliable, and just all around utilitarian and that is why i am looking for one again.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 04:18:18 AM »
If I happen to run across one I'll let you know.  I would check the Florida Craigslist  and other digital media . Florida seems to be the meca for scooters.

It looks similar the the Buddy 50 from Genuine Scooter company which is another Taiwanese  Company with good quality.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 04:37:31 AM by Kansas kymco »
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()